• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Love it or hate it......

Mark Kingston

Senior Member & Supporter
I know there is mixed feelings on colingham weir. But I'm off there at the start of September. I've been invited along foc. Rude not to turn it down. I'm fishing 5 or 6 apparently. I've not managed to secure my 1st barbel locally so hopefully I'll get one on this trip.

I know there is mixed feelings on colingham weir. But I'm off there at the start of September. I've been invited along foc. Rude not to turn it down. I'm fishing 5 or 6 apparently. I've not managed to secure my 1st barbel locally so hopefully I'll get one on this trip.
If your going with a group of friends then whats not to like?
You’ll have a great laugh and you’ll probably catch afew fish in the process.

Just take it exactly for what it is……
A laugh with some friends and catching some fish.

A friend of mine fished it recently and caught his pb. When relating the story on FB he was almost apologetic. He's a modest chap but it's still a pb.
For the record I think I would be churlish to turn down a social were I offered a spot there - particularly foc. :)

Back