• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Loss of River Thames fishing

Signed up, Caught my first small Barbel By Hampton court bridge in 1958 brings back a lot of good memories, Pleased to sign the petition,

Regards Ray Thorpe.

Saw something similar happen at the old picture house at Staines. I caught a 5lb chub back in late seventies while a youngster. Bank not accessible now due to a flats!

Signed and good post.
Chris

WOW!!!!
Didnt think it would get this many and sure there are non members who have seen it too, Im not the original person to make the post just copied it from another forum but thought there would be a few on here interested, I grew up fishing the thames in and around hampton ct and had my first barbel and first non-tidal carp from this area and still fish it now, It happens to be my boys favourite spot to fish as he always catches something there (normally a snotty) but he loves it lol.

They have already tried to stop people fishing along other parts of hampton ct and I have been told to take my oval brolly down on a few occasions, but get away with it as it has no ground sheet..

Hope we get to keep the fishing around hampton ct free..

Regards,

Andy.

Back