• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Looking for a similar chair

Mark Swaby

Went out to my car this morning to find some Scrote had got in and stolen my 20 + year old chub chair, I kept in my boot. What upsets me is it was ideal for roving, you could put it over your head and have both hands free. Like Triggers Broom it was on its third cover since original and had longer legs. I have another chair but its too heavy and I have no idea how to carry it. I am hoping someone might know of a similar chair that can be put over your head to carry. Or how do people carry their chairs ? when they rove without using their hands. I feel like an old mate has been stolen.

I use the korum transition ruck bag and the chair clips to that and goes on your back. You used to be able to buy bed chair straps so you can carry your chair over your shoulder in sure you could still get them

Mark, I always carry my chair, landing net pole and bank stick in my left hand, the chair just fits under my arm and I use the crossbar of the legs to hold on to, Im not exaggerating to say I can walk miles like this, rucksack on my bag and rod in my right hand, job done.

Mark, I always carry my chair, landing net pole and bank stick in my left hand, the chair just fits under my arm and I use the crossbar of the legs to hold on to, Im not exaggerating to say I can walk miles like this, rucksack on my bag and rod in my right hand, job done.
Trouble is I have really bad Arthritis in both my thumb joints so cannot grip with my thumbs. A rod in one hand, landing net in the other are fine but any extra weight and I get like electric shocks through my hands.

If you were to attach a picture Mark it would make life easier to identify your chair.
Ref how to carry one……. Back pack straps attached to the chair for me.

Nothing easier than fixing a strap to a chair.
A couple of “D” rings, or maybe heavy duty split rings or similar can be fastened secureley and permanently using nothing more than cable ties.
No Drilling required and they can be slid around to find the best positoion before finally tightening and trimming .

I have adapted a couple of chairs using the above method, also fastened my Korum bag and Mat as well so the whole lot goes over my shoulder leaving hands free for rod / net etc.

I removed the arms from one my present chairs and the bolt holes have been used to fix a couple of home made strap attachments .

It makes me smile when I watch anglers fumbling along the bank dropping this and that when a couple of simple adaptions to their tackle bags/ chair etc would make life for them so much easier .

David

Last edited:
Think I might have found a second hand one, trouble is its 50 miles away, with no rubber feet. Its the frame continuing behind the back legs that make it so easy to carry over your head, hanging on your shoulder. Its just so sad Chub dropped such a good idea, obviously chair designers these days never wander about . Now just got to hope he has not sold it.

Attachments

• chub day chair.jpg
    chub day chair.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Think I might have found a second hand one, trouble is its 50 miles away, with no rubber feet. Its the frame continuing behind the back legs that make it so easy to carry over your head, hanging on your shoulder. Its just so sad Chub dropped such a good idea, obviously chair designers these days never wander about . Now just got to hope he has not sold it.
You can buy mudfeet online done it for a free spirit ruckbox

50 miles is nothing for the right item. Couple hours drive to get exactly what you want.

I’ve gone alot further for a lot less

50 miles is nothing for the right item. Couple hours drive to get exactly what you want.

I’ve gone alot further for a lot less
Exactly as I thought so I messaged him and reserved it, will be collecting next week. Just all the Hassle of collecting , getting new feet and trying to get longer legs etc.

Back