• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

looking for a new float rod

Steve Foran

hi lads looking for abit of advice, looking to buy a float rod for doing abit of trotting. got my eye on a drennan 13ft tench rod, can anyone put me onto a good rod thanks steve

vast choice

mach 3 ,v good value and good action,tri-cast triology,spectrum 13ft,chimera13ft, the drennan as you have mentioned,and no doubt theres loads more ! ive used all them on ribble and all seem fine, but the one to get in my books would be the 17ft-20ft spectrum 10lb mainline ,where as the newer version is only 6lb mainline and now called the conossieur.

steve, got a preston carbonactive sentinent 15-17ft float rod for sale if ya interested ?

Steve. What are you targetting?

Barbel or all? You can't beat the rod Phil highlights above. Either in Power or Classic for mixed.

Graham

I would look no further than a new 14ft drennan acolyte, if you get the chance, have a hold of one!

I think a bit of clarity is required. Is this rod for general trotting with the vague chance of barbel or specifically trotting for barbel? I'd reach for quite different rods in either circumstance.

Back