• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Looking for a new chub reel

Yep all the money going on them...actually never used Peter's thought it was very unshimmy in quality, but they got fans, like the daiwa s2000, wobble like a plate of jelly, we are an odd bunch.🤓
I have a friend who has the very sought after S2600 old school daiwas. Lovely looking things and well made. I said he was welcome to them after turning the handle. One of the most unbalanced reels I’ve ever used. It’s almost as if it’s missing some weight on the bail arm somewhere. Not for me.

They were as you probably know 're launched from the 80s without any tweaks, of course we appreciate a smoother reel, but saying that still use shimmy 50 and 60s which have to be 20 years plus.

Can’t find any of those for sale

I bought a Shimano 4000 OC recently from Fishernator, in Germany I think. Postage to France was reasonable, would be worth checking for UK.

I think the Cadence range are fantastic, I purchased two CS5 reels (they often run BOGOF offers on reels) and they have been great. With the offer, they worked out at £25 each. I will be using one as my go-to chub reel this year.

Back