• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Line recommendation for trotting for barbel

Harrell Pro Match. And given that this is the 'Classified' forum I'll sell you some secondhand. 😉

Take a punt on the Korum glide mono Danny…,,I’ve been very impressed with it so far

Looks like I got a good one then,
What line do you use and breaking strain🎣
Last season I was using Preston reflow but this season I made a change and filled all my spools with the new Korum glide float line.

The glide gets a big THUMBS UP from me. I use 0.23 (8lb) and Its done everything I’ve asked of it and more with way over 100 barbel on it now since June to 11lb 12oz

I’ve never fished another method before where trusting the tackle and getting it right is as crucial as when float fishing for barbel.

Last edited:
you’ll find your personal favorite as you try afew. I’m not against trying different ones based on good recommendations from good tried and tested sources

I’m not a lover of all Korum stuff but they nailed the floating line’s pretty well for me. The buoyancy feature in it is the best I’ve come across

Back