• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Legend

Jamie Warren

Il just leave this here.....

Attachments

• DD3E1921-9606-48E1-A191-8EF909FAD1FA.png
    DD3E1921-9606-48E1-A191-8EF909FAD1FA.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 845CB43F-217A-4AF6-9A3E-31E1DB8B97C2.png
    845CB43F-217A-4AF6-9A3E-31E1DB8B97C2.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 265
Never met him but corresponded on here via PM a few times and always found him very friendly and helpful, a sad loss to the Barbel fishing community.

His daughter was expecting twin girls and Keith was really looking forward to the birth. So sad he never got to meet them. At his Funeral we were told to wear our fishing clothes, lads were in camo, some even had waders on, it was a great send off. I really miss those chats on the riverbank, the tail gate cup of tea at the end of the day and using the excuse of traffic to chat even longer. We fished up on the Ivel a couple of days before he passed. I fished for Roach whilst Keith fished for Barbel. I got lucky and had a Roach over 2lb on the float but it was a hard day. Keith seemed to bring me luck for big Roach that Winter.

I had the pleasure of meeting Keith once, why a nice bloke and so free with his knowledge. Wish I could have spent more time in his company I would have learned loads.

Sorry! That should read “what a nice bloke” dyslectic fingers and too late to edit ☹️

Keith and I lived very close to each other and we and others spent our younger days paddling in local streams and trying to catch sticklebacks and the very occasional roach etc. Keith and another Keith, as teenagers, both became Saturday boys at Fred Buller's tackle shop, Chubbs of Edgware. Speersie became'Chunky' and my later to be best mate became'Bubbles', Keith Sellick. We all and another, Stan fished a lot together before branching off into our own specialities but
we'd often bump into each other.
Sadly Speersie was present the day Keith Sellick and A N Other drowned in Savay lake and some years later Stan went the same way fishing at Windsor with Speersie. A small barbel was attached to his rod, in the water.
Don't know whether I should count myself lucky or not. If I could choose my way to go it would be the same way as Speersie.

Yes Paul, Keith told me those stories of losing mates. He told me he tried to teach Keith Sellick how to swim but he never got good at it. I knew Keith Sellick very well through Ruislip club and Middlesex Angling Centre. He was one of the top carp anglers at the time, light years ahead of most. He showed me the hair rig and the line aligner years before they got out into main stream knowledge. Me being a match angler he knew we were not going to be sharing it . Keith Sellick was not just a Carp angler he was a very good allrounder too. Clive Rigby was the other lad that drowned that day I worked with his brother, a very bad day for the valley.

Back