• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Leaking boots repair!

Greg Buxton

Quick question. I have a variety of footwear/boots for fishing. The warmest are my Muckboots Artic Sport. They are now on their third winter of heavy use. The other day I notice they started to leak slightly. On inspection, the leak appears to be where the plastic rand meets the plastic upper part of the boot. They appear to be heat laminated at this point and its hard to locate the exact point of the leak. I'm looking for recommendations of a glue or substance that I can use to seal it. I'm not bothered about the ascetics, I just want to wack it on to try to stop them leaking till the end of the season. Thanks in advance Greg.

Quick question. I have a variety of footwear/boots for fishing. The warmest are my Muckboots Artic Sport. They are now on their third winter of heavy use. The other day I notice they started to leak slightly. On inspection, the leak appears to be where the plastic rand meets the plastic upper part of the boot. They appear to be heat laminated at this point and its hard to locate the exact point of the leak. I'm looking for recommendations of a glue or substance that I can use to seal it. I'm not bothered about the ascetics, I just want to wack it on to try to stop them leaking till the end of the season. Thanks in advance Greg.
Greg,
I’ve used Stormsure recently, as recommended on this forum, to repair my wife’s walking boots, did a great job of sticking the sole. Comes in black or clear. I recommend you only buy the small 5g tube to do one job as I found it sealed the tube once it bacame exposed to air. I had to cut the end off the tube to do another repair on another pair of boots the other day and got into a bit of a mess ! :(

I have had this problem and resolved it by using gorilla glue. The brown one. I wasn't looking for anything great and you do get some over spill, but all I wanted was dry feet and this is what I got. The boots need to be clean and dry, apply the gorilla glue generously into the hole and wipe excess clean. I then just put some masking tape over the top and let the glue set over a couple of days in a warm place. The gorilla glue expands and this will be evident when the tape is took off, I didn't feel any need to take the excess cured glue off. Boots were dry again.
I have had a few pairs of muck boots and grubs now, and the main reason I think this happens is by kicking things and by pulling them.off by the sole, as it weakens the joins.
Hope this helps.

Greg,
I’ve used Stormsure recently, as recommended on this forum, to repair my wife’s walking boots, did a great job of sticking the sole. Comes in black or clear. I recommend you only buy the small 5g tube to do one job as I found it sealed the tube once it bacame exposed to air. I had to cut the end off the tube to do another repair on another pair of boots the other day and got into a bit of a mess ! :(

Hi Bill
If this is made by the same people as aquasure, I keep mine in the freezer , take it out 30 minutes beforehand, it doesn't block up. I've had a tube in there for 5 plus years used it the other day , no problems.

Hi Bill
If this is made by the same people as aquasure, I keep mine in the freezer , take it out 30 minutes beforehand, it doesn't block up. I've had a tube in there for 5 plus years used it the other day , no problems.
Many thanks for the tip Wayne. I’ve just ordered another tube and the freezer it will go :)

Greg,

Store Aquasure and Stormsure in the FREEZER, honest it works ;)

Be very careful using silicone. It CAN work but if it doesn't nothing else will ever stick in the area.
It is not a glue.

101 uses, Strong and flexible, smells nice, every home should have a tin of this!

Attachments

• 492B9D62-CA79-4369-8785-DD207E185A23.jpeg
    492B9D62-CA79-4369-8785-DD207E185A23.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 186
101 uses, Strong and flexible, smells nice, every home should have a tin of this!
Takes me back to my childhood! My Ole chap loved a drop of Bostik, I can smell it just at the thought of it 😁

Back