• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Leads

Derek Funcks

Senior Member & Supporter
After enquiring on a previous thread, about purchasing some home made leads, i was contacted by Gary Cadwell on this forum. After a couple of PM,s reguarding, weight, shape, etc etc. I placed an order with Gary. I must say the man done me proud. Over 30 leads, in various weights/shapes from 1oz to 3oz, all coated and swivelled for £20.:) The quality of the leads is superb. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to stock up, especially the lads who fish the notoriously snaggy Ribble. Thanks Gary, it was a pleasure to meet you and your good lady. :)

Forgot to add, i also received a good tip from Gary. When using a running rig set up, ( which i do most of the time ) connect the lead to the running swivel using a paper clip. If you do get snagged and have to pull for a break, the paper clip will normally give way first, meaning you,ll lose your lead, but you,ll possibly still keep your hooklength/fish. :)

Hi Derek
sounds a good deal for the leads so will be looking for this post in a couple of weeks when the Goyt has eaten the rest of my leads
thanks for the post.
John:)

Back