• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lead wire

John,
I actually don't have a problem with this method,I just find that this holier than Thou attitude by some guys on this board annoying
Always trying to be clever when it is obvious if you read the EA laws that it is not strictly legal,of course add the word substitute with a smiley and you become all conquering

made my point and thats all I intended

mike

So the fact that, as a tackle dealer, I wrote and asked the EA for clarification on lead weighted hooks and they confirmed that it was ok and i repeated that on here means that I have a "holier than Thou(sic)" attitude?

Jeez.

I've no intention to get into a row on here on the subject, it aint worth it (Ironically the answer is actually in the segments you chose not to highlight in red.)

Why not write and ask them for clarification if you don't believe me? :)

MMMM? reading the rules, if the lead wire is wrapped around the hook, the hook inserted into a bait, then its legal, same as a trout fly, incorporated within being the key phrase!
peter

I haven't taken Mike's response as a holier than thou point of view - his smiley kinda emphasised the angle he was coming from & I'm sure no row was intended. Incorporated is the key word I suppose.

I haven't taken Mike's response as a holier than thou point of view - his smiley kinda emphasised the angle he was coming from & I'm sure no row was intended. Incorporated is the key word I suppose.

Err Mike was accusing other posters of having that point of view...

I guess the point that the EA have confirmed it's ok is irrelevant. :confused:

So the fact that, as a tackle dealer, I wrote and asked the EA for clarification on lead weighted hooks and they confirmed that it was ok and i repeated that on here means that I have a "holier than Thou(sic)" attitude?

Jeez.

I've no intention to get into a row on here on the subject, it aint worth it (Ironically the answer is actually in the segments you chose not to highlight in red.)

Why not write and ask them for clarification if you don't believe me? :)

Nigel
actually you were not one of the guys that I was refering to, and yes those unhighlighted were as important in any case I have no intention of getting into a fight over this

mike

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

Write to them and ask.

I did. :)

Funnily enough Nigel, I did the same and also was assured that I wasn't breaking any laws as the lead becomes an integral part of the rig, much like lead core.

Sadly no matter what you say Nigel, some on here will just believe what they want, especially if they think it makes them look good :rolleyes: regardless of the truth....

Its almost as if some just want an argument for the sake of it.....

Steve

Funnily enough Nigel, I did the same and also was assured that I wasn't breaking any laws as the lead becomes an integral part of the rig, much like lead core.

Sadly no matter what you say Nigel, some on here will just believe what they want, especially if they think it makes them look good :rolleyes: regardless of the truth....

Its almost as if some just want an argument for the sake of it.....

Steve

Surely not?

Hugo

Back