• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lead free feeders

Michael Brough

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi guys, I have recently joined a club which has a stillwater with a lead free rule. Not just lead shot but leads and feeders. I have sourced some open ended cage feeders made by Jaxon but no success finding any others. Does anyone know of any other manufacturers producing lead free feeders. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have recently joined a club which has a stillwater with a lead free rule. Not just lead shot but leads and feeders. I have sourced some open ended cage feeders made by Jaxon but no success finding any others. Does anyone know of any other manufacturers of producing lead free feeders. Thanks
Might be worth asking the anglers in the club fishing the stillwater how they go about the ban. Bet they know all the answers. Maybe replace the weight with moulded plasticine ?

I wouldn’t find this particularly difficult because all I’d do is remove the lead from feeders I have already and replace that with a piece of stainless steel.
Preston do inline cages that are all steel and I’m sure others will too.

Last edited:
This is what i would do.
Sadly I don’t have any suitable material left at the moment or i could of adapted afew but as you can see the lead pulls straight off Korum combi feeders leaving perfect attachment holes for a piece of steel instead. Just cut,
IMG_4577.jpeg
drill and bolt.

Thanks guy for the suggestions, will follow up the Guru and Dinsmore options. Mark the carp boys are using stainless steel distance casting weights which are used in sea fishing I think. Will try the plasticine option. Richard the adapted Korum combi feeder would be a perfect solution. I will PM you.
Some guys are using adhesive tyre balancing weights which I will give a go.

Hi, go on Lakes/ Clubs Facebook site (theres a Members Version, ask a Bailiff), more options on there. Regards Method Feeders, some MAP are stated Lead (PB)Free.
IMO Guru Hybrids are also Lead Free, prob some Zinc Alloy. If two knocked together they clink/ ring etc, harder to scratch.
Look at Nytro Feeders both Open end cage & Bullet cage. There Lead Free etc. On eBay be careful of size weights, some are not available, even if stated they are.
Check on Nytro website, what sizes & weights they do.
Regards weights, check on eBay FFT Pro, there not SS, there just Steel. There not bang on weight wise.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144877132586?var=444099756012

Also for Pear & Inlines, eBay , They sell both Lead & non toxic, make sure def states Non Toxic (Zinc).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353752311366?var=623111411568

Bob

Might be worth asking the anglers in the club fishing the stillwater how they go about the ban. Bet they know all the answers. Maybe replace the weight with moulded plasticine ?
That was what through my head on lead replacement materials... Great idea! Just add some small stone within it to make them heavier if you need & great camo effect 🤣👍👍

I'm sure nutrabaits are selling concrete leads called eco leads or something like that. There not lead but concrete also meaning there porous so they will take on liquids such as liquid foods. Although myself I wouldn't want any attraction where the lead would be as I want the fish focused on my hookbait and not trying to suck the lead up instead but I know plenty of people wrap there leads in paste

Thanks guy for your suggestion which I will follow up. Show yet again the the knowledge amongst the forum members. It's appreciated.

Back