• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Large rig board

Pete Goodwin

Before I cobble something together of my own making I was wondering if anyone actually manufactured a large rig board that is capable of taking 2ft+ long pre-tied rigs?

I would prefer not to have a bin type one as I like to keep my rigs/hooklengths straight.

Cheers,

Pete.

yes its called a rig bin :) its a drum that you wind your rig around. Personally I just make them up while fishing. " spares on hand for snags or **** bail arms ;)

Sam you will be beating your head against a door mate. Some cannot be told. Pm sent reference the obvious from last week.

sorry missed the rig bin exclusion , :)

Greys do a good one too worth checking out. It also has rounded ends like the korum one, but the pegs that hold them in place are a much tidier design than the pins.

chris

Pete this is a rig bin but one that meets your needs.
Acquire a length of cylindrical, dense foam pipe insulation of a diameter that will fit in a rod tube with an all round clearance of 10mm. If you want 2ft then cut foam and rod tube to 2ft. Secure hooks around one end of the foam and secure to the other end with a map pin through the swivel or loop thus keeping the rig straight. This will hold about 20 hook lengths.
If using material with a lot of memory such as coated braid of flouro then gently steam over a kettle and pull from both ends to take out the kinks first.

Back