• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Landing nets

Jon Bedford

Apologies I know this has been discussed a million times before.

But having gone through about 4 korum folding net heads. I’m looking at different options.

I can walk quite a distance when barbel fishing, sometimes upto 5 miles, so want something light and fold downable.

Lots of carp company’s seem to have stopped producing 36 inch triangular nets. So not getting very far looking down that route. I have seen tackle box do a 32 inch net in the darent valley range

Anyone used these?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks
Jon

I use a T box 32” net for chub. It’s really simple and good. I think it’s a bit small for a decent sized barbel.

I think they may do a 36” too.

Chris Brown does a very nice 36” - but you obviously have to buy the entire net/pole Etc.

Last season I use a 36” head and net from Westlake (go outdoors). It was absolutely fine and it cost me £8.50. It screws into any standard pole.

Jon,
If your budget can stretch to it, have a look at the Free Spirit S net. I have this in 36" for my barbel fishing. Two piece handle which is extremely light and 9'6" in length. Its perfect for steep banks. Lovely deep mesh too.
But, it is expensive. Have a look at Johnson Ross or the Tacklebox. You have to buy the net and handle separately. They do shorter lengths too.
Cheers
Tommo

Just got the Darent Valley in a 32" which is plenty big enough for me.
Seems very well made with deep enough mesh & strong arms which `curve in a bit`.
Some sort of polymer block but it does appear tough.
If that breaks I'll replace it with an old Terry Eustace alloy one which could be used as a towbar.

Dinsmores 36" triangle net from my local shop. Not a trendy brand but for £20 and bombproof it's perfect. Also comes in a really ghastly carpy camo style so the barbel can't see it....
Much prefer triangle nets nowadays as the river runs slow where I fish and I like the fact I can just roll it up with the handle and move around easily.
Had the Korum folding spoon nets, Gardner spoon and such like and none have made the grade really for me.

Dinsmores 36" triangle net from my local shop. Not a trendy brand but for £20 and bombproof it's perfect. Also comes in a really ghastly carpy camo style so the barbel can't see it....
Much prefer triangle nets nowadays as the river runs slow where I fish and I like the fact I can just roll it up with the handle and move around easily.
Had the Korum folding spoon nets, Gardner spoon and such like and none have made the grade really for me.
Another vote for these I have both 32 and 36 aluminium spreader and fibreglass arms very strong.

Jon,
If your budget can stretch to it, have a look at the Free Spirit S net. I have this in 36" for my barbel fishing. Two piece handle which is extremely light and 9'6" in length. Its perfect for steep banks. Lovely deep mesh too.
But, it is expensive. Have a look at Johnson Ross or the Tacklebox. You have to buy the net and handle separately. They do shorter lengths too.
Cheers
Tommo
Yes I liked these too, but the price put me off. If I have a mad moment I will go for it😊👍

I brought the Gardner Barbel Spoon net, an absolute giant with that deep mesh, but it doesn't fold, & wished I hadn't brought it, just to cumbersome to carry around.

I've used greys

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603_113640_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603_113640_eBay.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 123
I have a Korum metal spoon that rests on my Fox chair that clips to back of my Korum transition rucksack , the unhooking mat is stored in the chair under the seat padding , works pretty well !

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpeg
    IMG_4742.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 207

But having gone through about 4 korum folding net heads. I’m looking at different options.

I can walk quite a distance when barbel fishing, sometimes upto 5 miles, so want something light and fold downable.

Lots of carp company’s seem to have stopped producing 36 inch triangular nets. So not getting very far looking down that route. I have seen tackle box do a 32 inch net in the darent valley range

Anyone used these?

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon, there still quite a selection of triangular folding 36” net’s available on eBay, some at cheap prices too.

Lee

Anyone used these?

Thanks
Jon
Ive used korum 30 inch latex spoons for years, a bit cumbersome i know,but ive never had an issue with them to be honest, and love how quick they dry👍

Back