• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Landing Net

Nic Costar

Hi all

Trying to find some infomation about a landing net,it's called DINSMORES SYNDICATE CARP XT, it's a "D" shape frame with a soft deep dark green material.

Even thou it's says carp, it looks ideal for barbel but i can't seem to find any info on it :(:(

Anyone got a link or know anything about this net please ;)

Many thanks

Nic :)

Last edited:
I cannot find a link to that anywhere on the net apart from Daves link. There is this net though that a few have and like. Here...

I cannot find a link to that anywhere on the net apart from Daves link. There is this net though that a few have and like. Here...

That makes 3 of us then Clive :(

Yes i have seen that net before as a mate has the very same ;)

The net i saw has the "D" Oval shape also ;)

It looks like the net i saw could be old stock or it was just a one off :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nic,

I own one of the Dinsmores nets of which you speak. It's a great net and I got it from GO OUTDOORS in Teesside. They do still sell them. As far as suitability for barbel goes, the net certainly feels strong enough, however I have only ever netted carp and bream with it. I use a Drennan handle and the combination is second to none, I use it for 90% of my fishing.

Sam

Last edited:
Nic,

I own one of the Dinsmores nets of which you speak. It's a great net and I got it from GO OUTDOORS in Teesside. They do still sell them. As far as suitability for barbel goes, the net certainly feels strong enough, however I have only ever netted carp and bream with it. I use a Drennan handle and the combination is second to none, I use it for 90% of my fishing.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Just had a look at the GO OUTDOORS web site, that's the very same net i was talking about mate ;)

The one they show is the smaller pan ( match ) net but the design is the same ;)

Thanks for your help Sam ;)

Thanks everyone that helped ;)

Nic :cool:

Yeh, I couldn't find the exact net I have on the website but there is a similar one, however they do still sell it in the store I bought mine from.

Sam

try looking in decathalon sports sites. they dont do a dinsmore but they do a very good "d" landing net n pole for 20 quid.:D

Would you know the price of them Sam ( the large net ) don't want to pay silly money

Off the top of my head Nic, probably about £12. You can buy an annual discount card for GO OUTDOORS for £4 which gives you a saving off everything in the store, the saving on one transaction is enough to make the card worthwhile. They have stores nationwide, is definately worth a browse.

Sam

Off the top of my head Nic, probably about £12. You can buy an annual discount card for GO OUTDOORS for £4 which gives you a saving off everything in the store, the saving on one transaction is enough to make the card worthwhile. They have stores nationwide, is definately worth a browse.

Sam

Thanks Sam, i'll look into it mate ;)

Back