• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Landing net strap?

Steve Sorrell

Hi all,
Got myself a lovely deep net which I'm really happy with although it's a bit unwieldy when moving between swims etc.
I have been using elastic bands to hold the mesh against the handle but they are prone to snapping.
Is there anything on the market designed specifically for this?

Cheers,
Steve

Hi all,
Got myself a lovely deep net which I'm really happy with although it's a bit unwieldy when moving between swims etc.
I have been using elastic bands to hold the mesh against the handle but they are prone to snapping.
Is there anything on the market designed specifically for this?

Cheers,
Steve
I have a net float with has a velcro strap which holds the mesh against the handle. Dont remember which make but will check when back later.

Found a Korum one online that looks like it will be ideal.
Thanks all 😁
Yes I meant the Korum one. It will keep your net mesh neatly tucked away when your walking between swims, and it also stops the bottom of the mesh snagging against any crap that might be on the bottom such as twigs and branches etc. But as soon as a fish is in the net it releases. Useful feature - although generally I prefer a shallower landing mesh there are some situations were deeper mesh is really helpful.

I sew a short 3" length of soft leather (cut from old boots when my missus chucks them out - but DO NOT cut from boots without asking :D ) to the bottom of the net. Onto this stitch a short piece of velcro (the softer half)

Then glue the hook half onto the handle at the optimum position.

Push velcro together when moving swims, sorted.

mod_net1.jpg

mod_net2.jpg

Back