• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Landing net handle

That’s some length. Some situations 4m would be a blessing.
Only problem is looking at it your fixed with 3 lengths only. Each piece is either fully extended or fully retracted. Doesn’t look like you can lock them in various lengths to suit the swim.

There's a specific swim on a stretch of the Trent I started fishing this season where a 4m landing net handle is a must! I settled on a Maver one designed for commercial fisheries, which is ideal for the job!

With my penchant for long rods, I'm certainly interested. However, I really want to see and feel one for myself. Knowing what price they are would also help. So far, I've not managed to find any hint of them on a retailers website.

From the Facebook page

A new product to just hit the shelves from us here at Gardner!
A telescopic Landing Net handle, that extends to 4m in length, from a handy 1.5m when retracted. It's twin layer carbon construction makes it lightweight (550g) and each section features our new and unique locking system.
It's calculated design ensures it's not only sturdy, but well balanced too! Perfect for anglers fishing high river banks, through to carp anglers fishing zigs!
Making their way to all good Gardner Tackle retailers now! RRP £59.99!

From the Facebook page

A new product to just hit the shelves from us here at Gardner!
A telescopic Landing Net handle, that extends to 4m in length, from a handy 1.5m when retracted. It's twin layer carbon construction makes it lightweight (550g) and each section features our new and unique locking system.
It's calculated design ensures it's not only sturdy, but well balanced too! Perfect for anglers fishing high river banks, through to carp anglers fishing zigs!
Making their way to all good Gardner Tackle retailers now! RRP £59.99!

Interesting you say that, as I've had to do the same with mine after very little use.

Yeah mine went the first time when it was relatively new, hastily glued back on as I was on my way out to fish. Lasted a couple of months then came loose again. Did a better job 2nd time and I've had it a couple of years now. If it goes again, I'll stick it back on with automotive silicone which I should have done last time, but glue was easier than silicone 😅 Not something you should have to do of course...

I presume you mean silicone sealant? Well if it works, it works. It'll be a waterproof fix anyway. Personally I'd use 2-pack (well no, I'd have stuck my Drennan poles 😂). ATB, and good luck!

Well yeah, silicone sealant. I work in the trade so we call it automotive silicone to be posh :D Sikaflex I think is what I have, basically it sticks stuff to cars and they stay there. I find superglue/araldite type of adhesives go brittle and fail over time.

Back