• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

landing net handle bit wanted. powerstretch.

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
My old friend the Powerstretch extender landing net handle has finally given up at the most fault prone area......the screw top collar. Made of brass its finally unrepairable.

A long shot but has anyone got this top bit lurking on an unused handle where maybe the extending latch has failed. As far as my skills go its 25-26mm across. Suggestions?

I know I can buy a new one but is been with me about 20 years!
Cheers
Graham

Drill out re-tap with heli coil to the size required. If there is enough material to do it. If my memory serves me right.

Ian. Guess you'll be after those roach soon?
I've cut the screw end off hoping to refit and araldite another one onto the carbon.

Wayne. Long time no see. Still cheffing?
Yes please. Fingers x.

Graham

Hi Paul. Its the brass screw fitting that's given up the ghost.

The thread has had it. I am hoping to find a new one to put over the top of the carbon after glueing.

A you know the thread is not very deep.

G

Graham
I just looked at the link Paul put up and I know I have one in the loft. When your up this end you can have it. I got this of trev west back in the day.
I will let things settle down a bit first for the roach. But I intend to try and catch barbel/chub on the fly to start with. Which is my goal this season.

Back