• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ladies day !!

Cliff Turner

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi all, Stan Turner (no relation) asked me to post this for him .... he is planning a ladies day fish at his fishery on the Wye at Hoarewithy to encourage ladies to fish rivers and specifically for barbel. Husbands are welcome to ghillie but can not fish. The event will be on Sunday 23 October and anyone interested in attending should contact Stan directly on 07899 903744. If you are not familiar with the fishery its approx two miles of river with car access along the entire stretch, parking behind your swim. Please feel free to pass the message on to anyone you know who may be interested.

Sorry all, Stans made a mistake, it's on Sunday 30th October, not the 23rd.

Derek I must admit I did have a vision of a load of men in drag turning up !

I was talking to Stan about this yesterday, ladies will fish FOC, husbands/ partners can gillie or fish, however men will have to pay to fish,

Sorry all, Stans made a mistake, it's on Sunday 30th October, not the 23rd.

Derek I must admit I did have a vision of a load of men in drag turning up !

Cliff, If i turn up in drag ( god forbid ), and i'm allowed to fish, i will donate the day ticket money to a good cause of Stan's choosing. :D

p.s. do you have a postcode for the fishery ?

Attachments

• darc.jpg
    darc.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 184
I thought about offering my assistance but otherwise engaged. Home game against Dan Carter's Racing Metro. One I'm not missing.
Seriously hope it takes off for him.
Incidentally I'm down there again next Monday for 3 days.

Back