• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum waist trotting tray, Is this a good or dumb idea?

I've got one of these
View attachment 31272

British made (to order I believe) and very reasonably priced.
Not been used yet but looks good quality.

Steve
This thread sparked a bit of a review and I bought myself a Cadence CL10 Bait Apron, which arrived today - good timing as I’m out of the river tomorrow. First impressions are good. Don’t see the need for a side pocket, but that slipped off of the belt easy enough. The rain cover is a good idea, as is its storage. The zip on the front rattles like anything - so I’ve snipped that off and replaced it with a short dynema pull cord.

I’ll report back after tomorrow.

https://www.cadencefishing.co.uk/product/cadence-cl10-specimen-bait-apron/
Used the Cadence CL10 today - 8 hour river session - 50/50 in the water and on the bank. Overall, really quite impressed. In fact it’s better than I thought it would be! (And I’m really fussy!). Replacing the zip puller with a dyneema cord was a really good idea. The pouch sides adjusters are unnecessarily long, so had to be tucked out of the way ( but they didn’t get in the way) - I’ll probably shorten them. Waist strap was comfortable, rain cover storage is a really good idea. Would I recommend it - yes, better than expected.

Used the Cadence CL10 today - 8 hour river session - 50/50 in the water and on the bank. Overall, really quite impressed. In fact it’s better than I thought it would be! (And I’m really fussy!). Replacing the zip puller with a dyneema cord was a really good idea. The pouch sides adjusters are unnecessarily long, so had to be tucked out of the way ( but they didn’t get in the way) - I’ll probably shorten them. Waist strap was comfortable, rain cover storage is a really good idea. Would I recommend it - yes, better than expected.

Do you know if the material waterproof?
I'm curious why you had to tuck the side adjusters out of the way if they didn't get in the way?

I have the two sizes of Lone Angler bait/trotting pouches which are excellent I also have the roamer bag.

Do you know if the material waterproof?
I'm curious why you had to tuck the side adjusters out of the way if they didn't get in the way?
Good question - i think water resistant - but i'll go and fill it up with water today and see if it leaks! The tassel end of the side adjusters I tucked away, so they didn't get in the way in use - but I had to retuck them a few times during the day. I just want to remove any dangly bits, so i'll cut them shorter and seal them with a bladed knife.

Good question - i think water resistant - but i'll go and fill it up with water today and see if it leaks! The tassel end of the side adjusters I tucked away, so they didn't get in the way in use - but I had to retuck them a few times during the day. I just want to remove any dangly bits, so i'll cut them shorter and seal them with a bladed knife.
Is it easy to clean? I somehow few it designed for boilies, pellets etc, but not really for maggots

I'll happily use bait aprons and waist pouches when fishing from the bank. I have a couple of aprons and a new EVA waist pouch.

Full blown wading sees me wanting to use something that hangs around my neck on a fairly short strap. That's why I've been using the Lone Angler pouches (both types, though I prefer the larger version) for many years.

The Cadence belt looks promising, but I'd want something along similar lines with a neck strap.

Back