• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Super Steel is super

Edward Adcock

Senior Member & Supporter
An unexpected present arrived today - the Korum Super Steel brolly. Apparently, it's on sale at Summerlands Tackle (£60 - but I am not supposed to know that). First impressions are 'why aren't all brollys made like this?' - we will see. My two other brollies are over 25 years old and I will keep them for now.

just what im looking for to replace my very old wavelock brolly so will be interested to see how it fairs.
Andy

Mine inverted and most of ribs tore away from the main interior, a couple significantly bent and one snapped. It was great until then... Just keep ‘em pegged down, I suppose. It only took one stronger gust on a moderate day and it ended up in the wheelie bin at work.

Bought a cheapo TFG to get me through the remainder of the season, but that won’t last. The new Pentalite shelter looks good!

Yes - I have invested in storm poles and fixings as per the advice I received on how to peg down a brolly with guy ropes. I also carry an auger with me to create a deep fixing for the main pole. Oxfordshire is quite flat and it's the persistent wind which does my head in. I also like to have a brolly up when it's baking hot.

korum graphite brolly hs survived the last few named storms. No one more surprised than me. Korum in my humble opion is questionable brand.

Every brand has its iffy products but I actually think Korum on the whole is a Fantastic brand.
they think very carefully about people’s needs and actual situations and are often the first to bring a solution to the party.
Granted when the other players catch up and copy the product they do it with various improvements but Korum often get there first.

This folding luggage they’ve bought out for 2020 is just absolutely genius. Really excellent products.
fox or aqua or Nash will soon have something similar but with a little design change to make it a bit better and justify the big cost difference. They all did it with the original Ruckbag. Korum might not make the best ruckbag but they did make the first and set the standard.

I fished in a brisk wind yesterday and the pegging points on the brolly do ensure it won't take off or tulip. So far so good but it needs a whole season of testing and in such conditions I will use storm poles when they arrive.

Back