• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

korum spoon landing net.

Gary Manders

been using the triangular korum but needs replacing thinking of going for a spoon for a change , reveiws on these please ...?

Hi Gary,
I have one of these, used it for a few sessions then went back to the triangle net, this was because I was roving and as the spoon net does not fold down it is more prone to catching on the undergrowth. Hope this helps, Leon

I have one of these. Not a bad net but I did have to modify it so that the two prongs were fixed into the head permanently, rather than just relying in the grub screw provided. Not difficult to do, but I shouldn't have to really.

I've had 2 replacements from korum as on the first one the frame bent on both the left and right hand side about 2 inches above the block, this occurred when I moved a fish up a step onto an unhooking mat, second one snapped on both aides in same place. Stick with replacement now but I don't use it now cause I still think it's a bit flimsy!

I like what net is made of but personally I'd maybe check other options, but sure some people love it!

Bw

Owned one for the last three seasons, no problems at all and would buy another. If there was one thing I would change if I could it would be the net depth as it is slightly on the shallow side but I have got used to it now and on the rivers I fish I can safely rest fish in the net without them escaping. You can even rove with one unless you are fighting your way through a jungle and want to collapse your net completely.

I love mine and for the last few years hundreds of Barbel have graced her. if you need to lift a fish out, lift verticle. great for unhooking in the river and best of all the rubberized net, dries in minutes hooks never stick fish friendly and endurable. Treat it well and you will get loads of use.

Last edited:
I love mine and for the last few years hundreds of Barbel have graced her. if you need to lift a fish out, lift verticle. great for unhooking in the river and best of all the rubberized net, dries in minutes hooks never stick fish friendly and endurable. Treat it well and you will get loads of use.

Jon,

I did lift vertical but i reckon they are a bit flimsy as i have had two nets do it, with one snapping and the other bending beyond repair. The rim snapped when the fish kicked, no lie.

However, i must commend Korum as on both occasions i was offered a replacement with no questions asked.

I know use an Abu Garcia net, I liked the gardener one but the screws work loose and it appears to have a nack of catching on every single piece of shrubbery/tree going, thus making it impracticable for use on the Teme.

I've had 2 replacements from korum as on the first one the frame bent on both the left and right hand side about 2 inches above the block, this occurred when I moved a fish up a step onto an unhooking mat, second one snapped on both aides in same place. Stick with replacement now but I don't use it now cause I still think it's a bit flimsy!

I like what net is made of but personally I'd maybe check other options, but sure some people love it!

Bw

You're just clumsy mate, I'll give you a lesson at the weekend.;)

Korum Net

Didn't like the one I had. I thought it was quite heavy and the mesh was a bit shallow.

On the upside, it was quite robust and the rubberised mesh was the least prone to stinking the car out of any net I have owned.

For £20! it's a great net.
For £50, not sure if it's still available, check out the Insight at Leslie's.

Ian

Back