• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum roving vest

Alan Palmer

Senior Member & Supporter
Has anyone purchased one of these and have any comments? Looks just the job for short roving sessions, especially with float rod

Has anyone purchased one of these and have any comments? Looks just the job for short roving sessions, especially with float rod
I’d lose just about everything in that I think.
The concept looks good but for me personally afew too many hidy places to put stuff

In Norwich years ago there was a shop called Clas Ohlson (I think that's how it was spelt!) They sold all sorts of stuff. I bought a camo fishing jacket with loads of pockets from there, but this one was also a life jacket! Trouble is, by the time I'd loaded the numerous pockets with stuff, it probably wouldn't have kept me afloat anyway!! Good concept though. Wonder what happened to that retailer??

I've tried flying fishing vests before. Always found they feel heavier as the day goes on, there is an inclination to take more stuff than you need. The old John Wilson style waistcoat is a better idea imo. Lighter, and less bulky. I have an old Wychwood one which I use for summer chubbing.

I've tried flying fishing vests before. Always found they feel heavier as the day goes on, there is an inclination to take more stuff than you need. The old John Wilson style waistcoat is a better idea imo. Lighter, and less bulky. I have an old Wychwood one which I use for summer chubbing.
The John Wilson vest, a classic my dad bought me one for my birthday when I was a kid it instantly made me a better angler😂

Tried one on. IMO theyre crap. They don’t seem to sit right even when adjusted and feel very uncomfortable around the shoulders and I had to keep pulling the thing down my front back in to position. The heavy back board makes it back heavy . Wouldn’t recommend it. I went back happily to my Simms Wading vest. Wish someone would bring out a waistcoat like the old JW one

I see there's a John Wilson Masterline fishing vest (as new, apparently) for sale on ebay at the moment. £40 + p&p starting bid.

Back