• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Quiver

Stephen Scaysbrook

I saw a chap on the Derwent this week and had a really small Korum two rod quiver. it wasn't the two rod quiver I'm finding on all of the tackle shop web sites. Would any one know where and what I should be looking for. Any help greatfully received.
Scaz

Hi Stuart
No wasn't that. I did see that. it was a full quiver but just the smallest most compact I've seen and just fancy one for my roving fishing. I dont mind if its Korum or not any very small light quiver would do me fine if any one knows of one.. I hope I run in to the chap again so I can ask him.

I have one of the older quivers they used to do, it's very small - enough for a brolly internally plus bankstick and landing net angle and two rods outside, don't think they make them anymore, have a look on eBay for a SH one

Edit like this but two rod
http://www.korum.co.uk/Item_KITM-09

Edit edit found a pic of one
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=k...oAA&biw=768&bih=928#biv=i|1;d|pwi7znTEfIsViM:

Editx3 castaway seem to have stock still
http://www.castaway-tackle.co.uk/1803/Korum-2-Rod-Quiver.html

Last edited:
i use a korum quiver, but to be fair i wouldn't recomend one (although i love their gear) because the side pockets are the same side as the rod holders & make things really awkward when i comes to carrying bank sticks etc.

Possibly one from a couple of years ago - haven't seen them advertised for some time. I have one, but as Neil says the pockets are on the rod side.
One on ebay at the moment.
Although my Cotswold Aquarius rover is still going strong, I found it was a tight squeeze for my Wychwood Solace HD Brolley/Shelter so I bought a Wychwood Epic Dual Quiver which is expandable to take 2 or 5 rods and has a detachable bank stick pocket.
Cheers
Bob

Yes can be a bit tight but is the best balance Quiver I use.I just notice the new updated quiver the pockets on other side

Last edited:
I have just bought a three rod Korum and to be honest are a bit disappointed in a couple of design issues.
I use Gardner rod tip protectors and once in place the rod (butt end),will not fit into the pockets at the base of the quiver.I have unpicked the stitching and made one big pocket but this now means the rods could possibly come loose.
The velcro straps at the other end however do not close up enough to give a really tight grip on the rod blank so they tend to swing about a bit.
However it does have good side pockets to hide my machete and once I have my golfing brolly in the big pocket it becomes a really light and useful bit of kit.
Not bad for 20 odd quid.
But hopefully Korum will pick up on these small issues which my local dealer has told me they often do when they get feedback on products.
Dont see how you would get a proper brolly to fit but as light weight rover its fine.
Ken

I have use the Korum quivers for years, but I have now found the Fox compact three rod quiver, this bit of kit is much better, what Fox has done is to put the rod rest pockets on the opposite side, which makes putting your rods in the pockets much easier, the only draw back is the position of the carrying handle, because I use very light rods and reels it is a touch out of balance, although this is no problem to me as I use the carry strap, this carry strap can be put on both sides of the quiver.
It really is worth a look.
Brian

I use the Korum two-rod quiver, and don't see any disadvantage of having the pockets under the rods; I just make sure the bank sticks are put away before the rods. Even if not, it's not that difficult. I even find my rod protectors fit perfectly into the bottom holders (they're not Korum but can't remember what).

The advantage of having one side without pockets is that there's no bulk or bits sticking out, either of which would inhibit free movement when slung over the shoulder.

Horses for courses though...... :)

Highly recommend the drennan, tough as boots, light and functional. Mine's had about 10 years or more of abuse and going strong with no sign of wear, bit dirty of course!

I have just bought a three rod Korum and to be honest are a bit disappointed in a couple of design issues.
I use Gardner rod tip protectors and once in place the rod (butt end),will not fit into the pockets at the base of the quiver.I have unpicked the stitching and made one big pocket but this now means the rods could possibly come loose.
The velcro straps at the other end however do not close up enough to give a really tight grip on the rod blank so they tend to swing about a bit.
However it does have good side pockets to hide my machete and once I have my golfing brolly in the big pocket it becomes a really light and useful bit of kit.
Not bad for 20 odd quid.
But hopefully Korum will pick up on these small issues which my local dealer has told me they often do when they get feedback on products.
Dont see how you would get a proper brolly to fit but as light weight rover its fine.
Ken
i also have the korum 3 rod quiver and agree with ken about the the butt end pockets not being big enough to allow a protector to be fitted as well but other than that i`m very happy with it for the price.

Back