• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum fast mat

I really dislike using a brolly, so for 90% of my wet weather fishing I just use one of 2 'civilian' brollies that I've adapted to fit onto a bank stick. I've had the pale green one for over 10 years now and it still works fine. I bought the black handled, 'auto-opening' ( :eek: ) one last year. It's bigger but heavier too. They're fantastic for roving and can be opened/closed from a sitting position, so great for putting up/down in showery weather. The other item in the picture is a wind-shield I made, which is great in the winter when it's windy but dry (and it can be used in combo with one of my brollies.

Brollys.jpg

Im the same Terry, I use a small roving brolly, sort of golf umbrella size, so light I carry it with me virtually every session just in case. Not for those that sit in the same swim all day but ideal for roving. I never use a quiver, landing net, chair and brolly on one hand, rod and bankstick in the other, can walk miles like that.

I really dislike using a brolly, so for 90% of my wet weather fishing I just use one of 2 'civilian' brollies that I've adapted to fit onto a bank stick. I've had the pale green one for over 10 years now and it still works fine. I bought the black handled, 'auto-opening' ( :eek: ) one last year. It's bigger but heavier too. They're fantastic for roving and can be opened/closed from a sitting position, so great for putting up/down in showery weather. The other item in the picture is a wind-shield I made, which is great in the winter when it's windy but dry (and it can be used in combo with one of my brollies.

View attachment 14187

Terry , Cliff, I have more or less the same setup with a golfing brolly that I have made a short pole extension for, just like yours, it also fits into a holder that clips onto my chair, good for rain, and sunshine, in fact, ideal for a light outfit for roving , keeps the showers off , light and portable, cheap to replace if it gets damaged , so far so good.
Im the same Terry, I use a small roving brolly, sort of golf umbrella size, so light I carry it with me virtually every session just in case. Not for those that sit in the same swim all day but ideal for roving. I never use a quiver, landing net, chair and brolly on one hand, rod and bankstick in the other, can walk miles like that.

Dave

Back