• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Fast mat

Don’t really know why we get so hung up on the fact it doesn’t have specific peg loops.
there is two very clear exposed rods at the bottom to pin down with a peg.
chuck a loose tie rap or key ring or mini carabiner round them if needed it’s just not a big deal at all to create a quick easy solution and peg it down.
Like I said it’s a sealed unit. It will hold a gallon of river water all day. Two birds one stone. Stays wet and won’t move anywhere

Yes it is a bit bigger Terry, it also has pegging points already on it although the padding on the mat is slightly less.
Does the NGT one hold water like the Korum Fast Mat ?

Don’t really know why we get so hung up on the fact it doesn’t have specific peg loops.
chuck a loose tie rap or key ring or mini carabiner round them if needed it’s just not a big deal at all to create a quick easy solution and peg it down.
Like I said it’s a sealed unit. It will hold a gallon of river water all day. Two birds one stone. Stays wet and won’t move anywhere
Yeah, agree. A problem's only a problem when it becomes a problem.

Although it is an issue easily resolved Richard I feel that it is a basic that could have been easily sorted during the design stages which is suprising as Korum generally do well thought out gear and I am a geat advocate of their stuff, on something so simple I'm suprised that it was missed by them. It's nice to have tackle thought out from the start that we don't have to tweak ourselves. What I find even more shocking is that after your dreamy baitdroppers that you would even entertain the use of a lowly cable tie :)
Anyway, just to put your argument to bed once and for all the NGT version also has a little pouch to house your pegs......Choke on that Korum 😀

Although it is an issue easily resolved Richard I feel that it is a basic that could have been easily sorted during the design stages which is suprising as Korum generally do well thought out gear and I am a geat advocate of their stuff, on something so simple I'm suprised that it was missed by them. It's nice to have tackle thought out from the start that we don't have to tweak ourselves. What I find even more shocking is that after your dreamy baitdroppers that you would even entertain the use of a lowly cable tie :)
Anyway, just to put your argument to bed once and for all the NGT version also has a little pouch to house your pegs......Choke on that Korum 😀
Could argue How many peg loops does your carry all have. What’s to stop that blowing away or rolling down the bank once you’ve emptied it of your tackle box.
none I’m gonna guess but if you shove a bank stick through one of the straps to keep it restrained you’ve just engineered a solution to a potential problem.
Korum haven’t missed a trick at all they’ve pulled out a perfectly awesome product and given us a great design to add pegs if we want to or not bother.
id agree to the argument a lot more if you couldn’t access the springy rods but they left it nice and open there............. why??? Who knows but it’s a great design to peg it down😜😜😜

I bought one a while back (not yet used), and I too was advised that a pegging loop would be an good idea. Ok, that was sorted by sewing a strap with a loop on BUT whilst I was deliberating I noticed one of the end springy rods was missing. I'd never noticed it and have to say it worked well enough.

fastmat_01.jpg

I phoned Korum who said the "dispute" (too strong a word, can't think of the correct word at the mo) was with whom I bought it. The online shop said I could send it back and they'd likely replace it but as the lockdown situtation had started it didn't seem right to get involved in posting etc. and it wasn't a big deal.

Then I thought that the 3-4mm glass fibre mousing cable I have had for 50 years (used to used for threading cables through metal conduits) would work. I cut a length, rounded the ends and hey presto, sorted.

fastmat_03.jpg

fastmat_02.jpg

I've liked the look of these since they came out but the problem is my dog has got a thing for unhooking mats and forever scratching and laying on them,this to him would be like his mobile dog basket and as soon as it's set up he's in there BUT he's got a dislike for water.So if these hold water jobs a goodun.On Order.

No Gerry, the opposite, it has a mesh section in the base to allow water drain off, but don't tell Richard, I've just tried to trump him with the peg pouch feature............mat wars 😀
Ha Ha joking aside I think the ability to have it filled with water is a real plus

Back