• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Fast mat

A 3ft fish diagonally lays in there quite comfortably
This is the longest fish I’ve had in it so far

Before anyone says.. yes I realise I’ve got the mat in upside down. Velcro should be at the bottom. Didn’t realise till after I’d put her back.

Attachments

• 404948E0-FC7E-4CA9-9AA9-33AF12F6AEA1.jpeg
    404948E0-FC7E-4CA9-9AA9-33AF12F6AEA1.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 398
You use it which way you like Richard, you’re affording your catches valuable protection 👍

It’s a great tool for both the fish and the angler.
I’ve used it a few times now and life with a flat mat is very uncomfortable in comparison. I can turn my back and lay my rod safely out the way without any concerns about the fish bouncing off or me tripping over the rod.

A very brief update on this since it’s coming round to 10 months ownership.
life without this excellent device would be pretty crap.
one of the best items of tackle I’ve ever owned and I’d never leave home without it.
we’ve had barbel, chub, carp, perch all flapping around in this little portable cradle and no harm can possibly come to them. 10/10 for this Korum tool. Highly recommended.

A very brief update on this since it’s coming round to 10 months ownership.
life without this excellent device would be pretty crap.
one of the best items of tackle I’ve ever owned and I’d never leave home without it.
we’ve had barbel, chub, carp, perch all flapping around in this little portable cradle and no harm can possibly come to them. 10/10 for this Korum tool. Highly recommended.
Completely agree....had mine since last summer and so taken with it I bought another in case they stop making them!

Rich i'm surprised at you i thought you were a craftsman:D (wished i'd thought of that)
I am normally but in this case function over form 🤣
Btw I’m glad you didn’t think of it because the way you’ve done it is a much neater job and I will probably do something similar.

Last edited:
Yep I love mine and put a bit para cord on it but as been said if it was 6inches longer and maybe a fold over flap

I actually don’t mind it’s compact length so much any more. I thought it would be rather constricting to a long fish but I’ve found the tail of a 3 ft long barbel comfortably rests on the back wall causing no discomfort to the fish at all.
a fold over flap would be ace mind

I see there is also this slightly bigger version by Korum a few carping friends have then for carp upto the 30 pound mark

Looks good.
don’t think I’d replace the fast Matt with it though. The wall height looks a little low for my liking
One of my favorite things about the fast Matt over others I’ve seen is that it’s a sealed unit often when I’m using mine I fill 2 inches up with water so the padding is just submerged and you know it’s staying wet all day.
also when you’ve got a gallon of water sitting in it there is never a need to peg it down.

Last edited:
Had mine since last season , brilliant bit of kit. I slide mine inside my chair, prefer it more than the one in the video. Think they slipped up with no pegging point though .

Back