• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum block end river feeders

Michael Weir

Hi All, has anyone had the problem of the block ends falling off? It's only happend on the Severn. I think I'm going to glue one end. Has anyone an alternative feeder suggestion? Thanks. Mickey

I mainly use the Korum Mesh Block End Combi feeders with the blocks off as open end feeders.

How are yours falling off? the elastic between them is quite strong and it takes a good bit of force to take them off deliberately, I cant see how they'd fall off accidentally. Only issue for me is that I can't keep one end on to use as a single open ended feeder :(

combi_feeder.jpg

Hi, Eddie I'm not sure how they fall off. It's only happened on the top pegs at the Danery. It's shallow with a good flow. Maybe the stone bed knocks one end and the flow pushes both of the ends through. I don't know if it happens whilst it's on the bed or on retrieval. I lost 5 in total so not a one off.

Hi. Cliff if you're referring to the kamasan blackcaps I believe they only go to 50g. I wish they did make heavier ones. I've glued what I have left earlier.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Hi, Eddie I'm not sure how they fall off. It's only happened on the top pegs at the Danery. It's shallow with a good flow. Maybe the stone bed knocks one end and the flow pushes both of the ends through. I don't know if it happens whilst it's on the bed or on retrieval. I lost 5 in total so not a one off.

Hi. Cliff if you're referring to the kamasan blackcaps I believe they only go to 50g. I wish they did make heavier ones. I've glued what I have left earlier.

Thanks for your replies guys.
What I do with black caps is use a spare lead (dead cow) from another black cap to adjust weight, works fine.

Yes Neil a friend suggested the same. I like the size of the korum ones. Allows twice as much bait in. However if I want to slow it down then the extra weighted black cap would do. Cheers

Bit late now but if you have any left with both ends you could run a length of power gum between the ends with two beads knotted on as stops at either end. Wouldn't lose either end that way!

I mainly use the Korum Mesh Block End Combi feeders with the blocks off as open end feeders.

How are yours falling off? the elastic between them is quite strong and it takes a good bit of force to take them off deliberately, I cant see how they'd fall off accidentally. Only issue for me is that I can't keep one end on to use as a single open ended feeder :(

View attachment 12251
I agree I have loads of these and only ever use them as block ended
The band between the ends is under a fair bit of tension I’ve never had them come off.

Michael, you can buy the cow leads on line or in some tackle shops, they do them from 1oz to 5oz, enough to cover all conditions. Personally don’t see the need for a bigger feeder.

Back