• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korda goo for barbel

Danny Payne

Has anyone Tryed this when barbel fishing, the guys in my local tackle shop are raving about it but they all fish for carp on large still waters, I'm just curious to see if anyone has every used it while fishing for barbel!!!

i remember watching a clip about this, the anglers that were using the stuff said it's best when there's no tow on the lake :rolleyes: not much good on a flowing river i would of thought !

yes, they have for about 10yrs, which is why their were winning a lot of carp matches

Yes this is what they were all saying in the shop that's why I wondered if anyone had Tryed it, surely it would drift the same as an oily bait an make a cent trail!

Just read in Keith Arthur's column in the AT that its because some anglers had an allergic reaction to it. So what else will they ban because of allergies?

Just read in Keith Arthur's column in the AT that its because some anglers had an allergic reaction to it. So what else will they ban because of allergies?

I had an allergic reactin to the prospect of paying twelve quid for a piddly little bottle of the stuff.;):D

i herd that this goo stuff lingers in the water for ages, cant see it being any good for barbel myself, anyway, like chris says, i would nt pay £12 for it ?????, rather put the doe to a sack full of hemp, kk

Using this stuff (corn smoke) at the moment and it does create a scent/sight trail which would make it useful for barbel but better for stillwater species; the main benefit for me is the almost fluorescent cloud it creates in stillwater, which makes it impossible to ignore when fish are cruising over the top (carp and tench). The price tag seems expensive, but you only need a little squirt on your pva bags or mesh. Been using it for three weeks now (three times a week) and the bottle is down about 5%, so it is reasonable value for money.

Paul

Dave,

You can use it however you like, but probably best as a dip, poured into pva bags with your particles or onto stiks or squirt it on your feeders ie onto small vessels. Think you'd be wasting it in a groundbait mix.

Paul

just got some corn goo from my local, my god, it's pen and inks, strong stuff!

Back