• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Knowle Sands on Thursday.....Help Please !!!

Rob Smith

Hiya Guys,

As the title says, I am off on my first barbel trip of the season on Thursday to Knowle Sands.

If you have have been this season so far and have some advice can you get back to me please.

I haven't fished the place for years and am really looking forward to a day on the Severn, have rang the local tackle shop and the lady told me the river has some water on it and its showing colour too, so strong flavoured baits should be ok.

Have you been in the last few days ?????

If so your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Guys !!!

Not fished it for a couple of years, but always found fields 1 and 2 to be pretty consistent, never done any good further down.

Try maggot feeder in the fast shallow stretch after the wood,or carry on untill you reach the bend and fish meat about half way across.

Hiya Guys,

As the title says, I am off on my first barbel trip of the season on Thursday to Knowle Sands.

If you have have been this season so far and have some advice can you get back to me please.

I haven't fished the place for years and am really looking forward to a day on the Severn, have rang the local tackle shop and the lady told me the river has some water on it and its showing colour too, so strong flavoured baits should be ok.

Have you been in the last few days ?????

If so your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Guys !!!

Check your messages

Back