• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kings Maidenhead

I know Davey Mead pretty well Phil, i just this minute spoke to him on the phone, and he assured me it's not true.

Ian.

The Chairman on Saturday

Subject: Rumours (always rather liked young Stevie Nicks when she was young mesself)

I have even heard people say that Your Chairman is closing down!

Not a hope. Only just started (and will never finish)!

As ever,

B.B.

Very strange if he is, because he only opened another branch in Iver the other year.

Mind you it always seems quiet when I go in there, but then so do many tackle shops at the mo. :(

Maybe thats because most people are out fishing when you go in Dave:D:D

Tom, yeah, nowadays I only go fishing when conditions are absolutely perfect which is usually...err...err...not very often. :p :)

Mind you, currently I am fishing for things with bright red fins not droopy whiskers.;)

Tom

........and he's had a goodun. Tried to convince him its a hybrid but he's not having it. I'll spike his bait tomorrow with Lifebouy.

Mike

A 'goodun' eh Dave..................... no point in asking where i suppose:D:D

I will be out tomorrow looking for something with red fins.

A 'goodun' eh Dave..................... no point in asking where i suppose:D:D

Oh, go on then Tom.
I'm sure you'll recognise the swim. :rolleyes: :D

roach004croppedcompressed.jpg

Wierd, in the Last month i've now heard that Kings, Reading Angling Centre and Yately Angling Centre are all closing down yet their owners know nothing about it!!!

Please excuse my WBC colleague hi-jacking the thread with one of our latest specimens :p :D

Good to hear Kings will remain. Whilst we all buy stuff online, it's vitally important we support our local suppliers ;)

Ian

PS Nice redfin DD :)

Blimey!!

Just seen Stroller going for membership of the bad hat club:eek:

Nearly put me off me dinner!!

I take it Lord Wilson took the snap for you, surprised he let you get in the Aston wearing that hat!

My o my how standards have dropped, mind you I did notice a spec of mud on his camo moleskins the other day, I thought it to be an aberration, but it seems it actually was dereliction!

Such a shame when they get old!!

Sorry on topic for a change, the one in Ivor is still open I relieved them of some stick floats just the other day.

No one likes a show off Dave...................:D:D:D:D:D

And yes, i do recognise the swim:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Back