• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Keith has done it again!

As AF says, what a stunning looking fish, too.

Well done Keith.

Edit: just noticed the absence of snow in the picture, Keith. Surely that's cheating?!

Last edited:
That must be a strong candidate for photo of the year, great fish Keith!

Well done Keith another beauty not sure about photo of the year though!! You will have to beat this one!
i00018.jpg

Keith, i notice your latest catch was caught using 3 maggots, could you please describe the maggots, i.e. length, girth, colour etc. :D. Well done sir.

Keith

That was an easy one. First cast indeed !! You didn't even have to work for it !
Hope the ankle is better soon. Good job you didn't sprain your wrist

Mike

Hi men ,

Another cracking fish , are you having a good season Keith ?:D:D:D:D:D

Big fish Shippo, but was it on the float ?

D.

Its a method to catch fish , I hope we aint going down the inverted snobbery road , like having the Imperial Leather soap with the label facing up :D:D:D:D, or we will end up with a biggest fish on a float / pellet /boillie/ meat / bolt rig / league table ! :D.

Hatter

It is indeed a stunner as I seem to remember was another barbel which Keith caught last season at 14lb+ - I remember it having a similarly fantastic tail.

I have been inspired by Keith to catch barbel on the float but my successes are very moderate by comparison.
Neil

well done Keith cracking fish and shippo good looking fish to .. Been on the Maggots myself and have had great rewards this winter on them :)

Thanks for your comments chaps!

The ankle is getting better.......Thanks for your concern Mike!!:)

I put my foot down a rat hole while walking my dog around the lakes opposite my house on Friday night, I thought I had broken my leg.

Having whiskers was very nearly not the only similarity, I thought I was going to be grubbing about on the bottom too, as I only just missed the deepest swim on the lake!

After limping back home my wife said:-

"Well you won't be going fishing tomorrow then, we can have a look around B&Q!!"

I was on the river at 6-30am, if I can walk around B and bloody Q, I can crawl down a river bank!

What are they like??

Hopefully we'll need a separate thread next season for all those adopting your techniques to post their successes on! What a superb fish.

Hopefully, we also won't need too much moderation on the resulting neo-Neanderthal disputes among early 21st Century "inventors" of the method that was, er, barbel fishing, mostly, until not too many years ago...

Back