• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

K Grip Swivel Leads

Stephen Bond

Nice new leads from Korum coming to a tackle shop near you!

Korum K Grip Swivel Leads

KKGSL-2.jpg

Korum K Flat Swivel

KKFSL-1.1.jpg

Korum K Grip Inline

KKGIL-1.1.jpg

Stephen

Last edited:
Is that Korum Stephen?

Oops! Yes, Korum (not to be confused with Korda!) :)

Thanks for pointing it out.

I've edited my post to show the correct name.

Available up to 8oz!!! Does anyone really use an 8oz lead on rivers?
I've had a 7oz lead cluttering up my tackle box for a couple of years — and on Saturday I actually used it.

I was fishing the lower Severn (about 6 feet up and pushing through) and my 4oz grippa was struggling to hold in the middle of the flow. On a couple of occasions it did hold for a while and I caught fish. I'd tried fishing closer in, upstream and down, but had no interest. So for the last hour I bit the bullet and lobbed out my humongous lead. It held in the flow ... and I ended up with another barbel in the net!

So the answer to your (rhetorical?) question is Yes :p:cool:

My old mate, an ex match angler, used to carry two ten ounce leads designed for holding the bottom of a keepnet for flood fishing, I found them in his kit when he asked me to help him cut his weight down a bit.
I also found a 2lb lump hammer for his brolley spike, 6 spare reels about two kg of assorted ledgers and feeders, 4 tins of meat.......Just in case....And that was without the four layer box of floats and the fold out tackle box.
All this was in a huge Shakespeare blue box complete with an Octopus kit, despite the fact that he always fished from the same couple of platforms which were dead flat.

My old mate, an ex match angler, used to carry two ten ounce leads designed for holding the bottom of a keepnet for flood fishing, I found them in his kit when he asked me to help him cut his weight down a bit.
I also found a 2lb lump hammer for his brolley spike, 6 spare reels about two kg of assorted ledgers and feeders, 4 tins of meat.......Just in case....And that was without the four layer box of floats and the fold out tackle box.
All this was in a huge Shakespeare blue box complete with an Octopus kit, despite the fact that he always fished from the same couple of platforms which were dead flat.

In terms of this chaps desire to be slimmer, wouldn't it have been better to add more weight to his kit? And, make him run/walk to the very last peg. Just a thought.

Available up to 8oz!!! Does anyone really use an 8oz lead on rivers?
It's been known ! :D Mind you the river in question tends to offer a 'Curtain' of Bog Roll on the line when in flood !:eek:
8oz Feeder under the rod top to hold ! Did I catch ? Yup, a brace of 12's ........................

I have heard talk of 8oz leads on rivers, but my mind just locks up trying to imagine doing so myself...my local rivers are usually fine with a two or three swan shot link ledger :D

I just can't get my head round how you even cast the thing out :confused: The average beach caster can't cast more than 4<6oz leads....you are getting into serious, heavy beach casters when you are talking 8oz leads :eek: The tip of my 1.75 TC rod bends quite well when I dangle a 1oz lead from it....I doubt you could even pick up an 8oz lead with it without it snapping, let alone cast it :D....what the hell :confused: :p

Cheers, Dave.

David, my Korum Neoterics with the 2.2lb top will just about lob out a 7oz lead plus 3oz of meat. A beachcaster is designed to chuck out a heavy lead upwards of 100yds, I only have to lob mine out 18 yards.

David, my Korum Neoterics with the 2.2lb top will just about lob out a 7oz lead plus 3oz of meat. A beachcaster is designed to chuck out a heavy lead upwards of 100yds, I only have to lob mine out 18 yards.

That's fair enough Andy, I had already weighed up (excuse the pun) that lobbing a big lead a few yards would not be too much of a problem. However, every time there is a 'best feeder' thread for instance, you hear talk of huge feeders weighing nearly that much empty (I dread to think how much full) and they seem to be casting these to the other side of the Trent/Severn or whatever. Then there are threads where people talk of fairly hefty rods, and get slammed with 'You don't need anything above 1.25/1.5/1.75 for barbel etc, etc....depending on who is doing the telling off :p Now obviously, on a smaller river, those rods are adequate (ignoring the 'TC means nothing' bit for the moment) However, I have never read a thread as far as I recall where people have discussed what rods they use in these extreme circumstances. Maybe because they DO get slammed every time they mention the tools they use to do the job :D

I am genuinely curious, purely because I have never fished a river where anything remotely in that league is carried out. I have used such leads at sea, lowering them down from a boat...I just can't imagine casting them. I would guess it would be a 50/50 toss up whether it was the lead or me that hurtled towards the horizon if I tried it :D:D

Cheers, Dave.

I've got a fox 15 ft heavy feeder with a tc of 2.75 lb which I bought to use on the Trent, cracking bit of kit for heaving 8 oz to the horizon.

I've got a fox 15 ft heavy feeder with a tc of 2.75 lb which I bought to use on the Trent, cracking bit of kit for heaving 8 oz to the horizon.

Now we are talking Ade...I wonder what that blank was actually designed for. What it said on the rod?...beachcaster?...Carp rod?

Are the Chinese manufacturers just churning out and stocking vast quantities of a range of blanks covering a limited variety of lengths/TC's/actions and permutations thereof....and putting out the one they think best suits the blank requested by the buyer? And then calling them 'Designer blanks' .....

Cheers, Dave.

Back