• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

July Wye trip

Kevin Copping

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi guys. Myself and a friend hope to have three days on the Wye in early July. Due to health issues, planning has been late to say the least. As expected, most of the W and U stretches are already booked. We have accommodation in Ross and are considering the town stretch on our first day(half day in reality). Reduced mobility means easy(ish) access is a consideration and we are considering Stan’s at Aramstone. The other day we had thought of Wye Lea but no longer have a number for the bailiff( was Mike). Could anyone help with a contact number or suggest other stretches that may be suitable ie no yomping or abseiling 🤭 Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks. Kev

Hi guys. Myself and a friend hope to have three days on the Wye in early July. Due to health issues, planning has been late to say the least. As expected, most of the W and U stretches are already booked. We have accommodation in Ross and are considering the town stretch on our first day(half day in reality). Reduced mobility means easy(ish) access is a consideration and we are considering Stan’s at Aramstone. The other day we had thought of Wye Lea but no longer have a number for the bailiff( was Mike). Could anyone help with a contact number or suggest other stretches that may be suitable ie no yomping or abseiling 🤭 Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks. Kev
Unfortunately, even the day ticket stretch on the Wye at Ross, will be a struggle, if mobility is a problem. I'm struggling to think of any stretch on the Wye (that I know about) if mobility is an issue. Possibly, at a push, Hereford town centre.

Number sent.

Bear in mind you'll need 4x4 otherwise it might not be the place for those with poor walking skills

Unfortunately, even the day ticket stretch on the Wye at Ross, will be a struggle, if mobility is a problem. I'm struggling to think of any stretch on the Wye (that I know about) if mobility is an issue. Possibly, at a push, Hereford town centre.
There are a few new platforms towards the bridge and more to come

Thanks. Kev
Stan's allows you to park behind your swim, probably the easiest access I know. It can get busy though.

Stan's allows you to park behind your swim, probably the easiest access I know. It can get busy though.
Thanks Cliff. We have fished Stan’s on numerous occasions and probably will again on this trip. Not the most scenic of venues, but certainly very accessible and Stan is an amenable guy. The Old Harp below is also accessible but limited numbers like the Wye and Usk stretches.

Day tickets are available for the Letton Court stretch ,which is opposite the Red Lion stretches above Bredwardine. It is a gated stretch (locked) . You can drive to the pegs and park behind them as far as I remember, Quite a few pegs which are easily accessible . Call the number on attached link , they are very helpful. The stretch is not heavily fished and has Barbel to a good size, as well as the usual suspects .

Dave

Day tickets are available for the Letton Court stretch ,which is opposite the Red Lion stretches above Bredwardine. It is a gated stretch (locked) . You can drive to the pegs and park behind them as far as I remember, Quite a few pegs which are easily accessible . Call the number on attached link , they are very helpful. The stretch is not heavily fished and has Barbel to a good size, as well as the usual suspects .

Dave
Visited Letton Court twice, unless the ground is very dry, ( and you can go slightly off track) don't bother. The tracks/ruts leading down to the river are very deep, and, unless your in a high ground clearance 4 x 4, you will struggle. It is a decent venue, but on our 2 trips, me and a pal both blanked. On a positive note, it is dog friendly, and you can take your best mate with you if you desire.

Thanks Cliff. We have fished Stan’s on numerous occasions and probably will again on this trip. Not the most scenic of venues, but certainly very accessible and Stan is an amenable guy. The Old Harp below is also accessible but limited numbers like the Wye and Usk stretches.
agree Kevin, if you are prepared to join HDAA they have plenty of water but access is varied, they have one stretch at Holme Lacey where you can drive down to the river but that is members only, no day tickets. Letton Court is also accessible by car, really lovely stretch of water but that's a fair way up from Ross. Happy to share more on HDAA waters if needed.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Stan please?

I’ve tried to join the FaceBook group but my request never goes through.

I’m booked on the W&U in Sept (Foy and Creel) for 3-days but we have a 4th day still free and looking to go somewhere different.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Stan please?

I’ve tried to join the FaceBook group but my request never goes through.

I’m booked on the W&U in Sept (Foy and Creel) for 3-days but we have a 4th day still free and looking to go somewhere different.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
His number is/was 07899 903744

I’d like to say thank you to everybody for their contributions and pm’s regarding my cheeky request. It never ceases to amaze me how generous members are with their help👏. I think we have now formulated a plan and hope that we catch a few to justify your help.
Best regards. Kev

Back