• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

jrc sti 1 man bivvy with extended overwrap

I have the two-man version and have found it to be a solid piece of kit. Well made, waterproof and easy to erect, with a heavy-duty groundsheet and sturdy poles and pegs.The inner has mesh panels which help to reduce condensation. The only drawback is that you can't use it without the overwrap if there's a likelihood of rain. It's not particularly lightweight, but if I'm bivvying I'm not expecting to be mobile:)

had one for carping and its heavy......good bivvy but certainly not light and you will never get it back into the bag it came in.....thats why they brought out the jrc bivvy bag.....another 20 quid.

Hi Mark,
I've got the STi with the regular overwrap.As previously stated,a good sturdy shelter that is converted into a bivvy using the overwrap.No problems with mine,just a bit a pain if moving swims when on a long session(eg France)when using the overwrap as you've got the extra pegging out to do.Usually use mine on overnighters when rain isn't expected as can't be bothered with the overwrap.Last year I got the STi-RS,which is virtually the same with the addition of a front panel,a peak and a ventilated rear panel.If a move is required you can pick the whole thing up in one go.Weight is a bit of an issue,but when on long sessions I'd take a barrow anyhow.Good piece of kit at an affordable price.
Regards
Pete.

Mark,

I have the STI R and know a few people with the standard STI, I am sure you will really enjoy using it, they are great bivvies. I don't know anyone else who had a probloem re-packing one, the bivvy bags are a good addition if you want to keep the wrap in the same bag as the bivvy.

hi mark , eddie new member, i have standed sti +over/rap great piece of kit for price
as i am starting to do overnighters myself, cant grumble for that price,
as you know some bivvies are costing up £ 400 +, hope it help you out,

Back