• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

John Searle

Oh dear,..met John for the first time in his Ringwood shop some years ago,where he tempted me to empty my wallet on some of his brilliant artwork,..I will always remember our meetings on Ibsley.
I knew he was seriously ill and offer my sincere condolences to his family and many friends
at this sad time,..nice bloke,..good angler and very talented artist.

Last edited:
Oh dear,this is so sad, yes i knew that John was ill, i met him many times and have one of his signed pictures in a pride of place in my hall, he shall never be forgotten his talent was second to none.
Many condolences to his family.
RIP.

Very sad news indeed ..... knew John well and only fished with him this time last year. Such a talented artist. RIP

Anyone who knew John and would like to pay their respects pm me for arrangements etc.

RIP John.

Really sad news , great author and artist

thoughts are with all family

A nice piece in the Angling Times about John, great talent lost to a horrid disease, rest in peace Sir

Back