• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

John Pain

Exchanged a few p.m's with John seemed a very knowledgeable and likeable guy R.I.P.

Last edited:
John was a true gentleman and a top angler, I always had a lot of time for John and happily he always had the time to speak with me.

John was always a voice of reason, he would always give a considered argument and would pull no punches, with John a spade was a spade, he could be relied upon to give a truthful answer – whether bitter or sweet!
I always admired that trait of John’s; it made him an interesting and delightful companion.

I will miss him very much and I will also miss his comments both on here and on our WBC site, Jackpiker or The Crane always made insightful comments that got me thinking, Johns opinion was always worth hearing on almost any subject!

John was one of the first anglers I met when I joined up with the WBC and like the rest I shall miss him very much.

If there is an afterlife, and I hope there is – John will be there showing them how to catch.

Tight Lines mate.

John was a lovely man a great bloke, always had time for a chat with you on the Lower Benyons, Rest in Peace Mate.

Ray Thorpe

Having met John just the once, on a BFW charity fish-in, i can only reiterate the comments of others. He was thoroughly nice bloke.

RIP

I've only just seen this sad news, I only met John once, but like everyone here he struck me as a really nice bloke, RIP john.

Ian.

there is a nice picture of john on the Blenheim angling website, sporting BFW clothing and a barbel from a not so easy wraysbury brook.

picture.php

John Pain - RIP

late but better then never

just got back from abroad and seen this, i liked john very very much, totally down to earth practical bloke, i remember him proudly displaying his new campervan at a windsor bash, great bloke and i am lost for words, so long mate

Back