• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

John Cook

Very sad news, I have never met John but felt I knew him from his posts on this site and his PM's to me when I first started fishing the Loddon. RIP John.

Coming to the BFW home page to see John holding that lovely fish, only to read the very sad news of his passing is on its own very sobering. Despite being a Loddon regular I never met John but we used to chat regularly over social media about our trips on the waterway and a real gentleman is how he always came across. My condolences to those closest to him.

I bumped into John only once , on the River Lea at Fishers Green .
He was very much one of the good guys .
Through his posts I felt I knew him a lot better than I did from just that one meeting.
I didn't realise he was unwell.

Heartfelt condolences to his family.

RIP JOHN COOK

John was kind enough too pm me several times when i was fishing the Colne a few years ago did all he could too help ,such sad news rest in peace mate.

John's one of the few people on this forum I've had the pleasure of meeting in person, so I'm shocked to see the title of this thread and I wish his family and friends all the very sincerest best. Indeed a true gent.

Always came across as a true gent and we messaged each other a few times on here over the last few years, although we never met. RIP John.
Condolences to his family.

Dave

Very sorry to read of another BFW regulars passing.
RIP John.

Not logged on for a while but so sorry to hear about John. Great guy and angler. Always willing to help. RIP.

Back