• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

John Cook

Spoke to John a few times and although i never met him he always came across as a true gent.. very sad news... RIP John...

Very sad news.

Being a Loddon fisher our paths crossed on a few occasions and we always had a good chat about how the fishing was going. The Loddon blessed him with some lovely looking barbel during the late summer months.
My condolences to his family.
RIP John

Rest in peace John one of the original Colnesters before he became Lodden John. Andy,or one of the moderators can we please put a photo of John on our Home page,he has a few photos on the second page of the Colne Gallery(21/09/2010) the middle one with a PB is great.

Very sad.

Like many. I never actually met John, but through exchanging many messages, he felt like an old friend.

As Paul M pointed out, he'd been catching a few this season off the Loddon as well.

I hope that perfect barbel bait he was always looking for is up there waiting for him.

Just reading through the messages left by others can really sum up what a decent guy John was. Only exchanged messages a few weeks ago. RIP.

How sad.
I didn't know John personally, but through his many posts here over the years he always came across as a really decent man.
RIP

Some of you may remember that John was giving away a spool of coated braid a few weeks ago to whoever had their contact details in his messages when he got home from fishing. I was the lucky recipient and will be thinking of him when I use it next year. RIP sir.

I can only mirror what all the other chaps have said, a regular poster on this site, and I'm sure he'll be sorely missed .RIP John , I send my condolences to your Friends and Family.

I take a deep breath now when I see a post with someones name on
I didnt know John but really enjoyed his posts this season on the Loddon catching them during the day as well.
My condolences to his family.
RIP John

Very sad news indeed.

May the river you are fishing now be full of warm floodwater and no debris.

RIP John and condolences to your family.

John clearly had a very positive impact on the lives of many anglers . I always looked forward to reading his posts on BFW , he will be sorely missed ..

Very sad indeed, I echo all of the sentiments that have already been expressed. I was never lucky enough to have met John but always read his contributions on BFW with interest.
RIP fellow piscator.

like others, I never met John but always enjoyed following his Loddon exploits. Sad news for us all, RIP John.

Never met John, but feel like I have, which just shows what this site is like...condolences to family and friends. RIP.

Back