• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

JMC Tackle/ Ludlow/ Shropshire

Richard Garbett

Hi all, My 1st post on joining this forum. I popped into JMC tackle in ludlow today to purchase a new Barbel rod. After accepting the offer of a mug of tea, I was presented with the rod that they had put to one side for me( I hadn't asked them to) after previously asking if they had it in stock.
I was also knocked money off other items I purchased and some freebies, including some frozen paste bait that was highly recommended.
Lots of General fishing chat too, I can highly recommend the shop if you're ever in the area, looking forward to the next visit.
I'll be reviewing the rod next..... Rich.

Nice one Richard they sound like great guys looking to keep customers coming back.
I nearly always buy through my local tackle shop despite the fact I could hunt around and find things on line cheaper.
A trip to the tackle shop for me includes at least one brew a 30min chat and that’s before I’ve wondered round 3 times and picked up everything I need. We say women are indecisive shoppers, yet I know exactly what I want when I go in the tackle shop. I still don’t come out for over an hour usually with 3 times more stuff than on the shopping list and all ways busting for a pee. 🤣

Nice one Richard they sound like great guys looking to keep customers coming back.
I nearly always buy through my local tackle shop despite the fact I could hunt around and find things on line cheaper.
A trip to the tackle shop for me includes at least one brew a 30min chat and that’s before I’ve wondered round 3 times and picked up everything I need. We say women are indecisive shoppers, yet I know exactly what I want when I go in the tackle shop. I still don’t come out for over an hour usually with 3 times more stuff than on the shopping list and all ways busting for a pee. 🤣
Lol, great isn't it. A trip to our favourite tackle shop is an occasion in itself.

Back