• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Jason Hersey Sale of full barbel setup

Matthew Thomas

Hi All and Welcome to the Sale of my Fishing Partner and Best Mate Jason Hersey’s tackle who sadly lost his life to Lymphoma on 31st July this Year.
Some of you may know of Jas as back in the day he was an active member on here.
I have been asked by Jason’s family to sell his complete kit and all proceeds will be going to the Loros Hospice Leicester https://loros.co.uk/ who looked after Jason in his last weeks with dignity .
Although this kit is a few years old it is in superb condition as he didn’t get out much but always bought good quality tackle no matter what the cost to suit his fishing.

I have tried to price all items reasonably and I am open to negotiation but bear in mind all proceeds are going to charity and I am in no rush to sell so won’t be punting this off cheap just to get rid.

I would like pick up only or meet within the East Midlands area, I live in North Notts and work in Newark so anywhere within the realms of the East Midlands, South Yorkshire or East Derbyshire would be ok.

Thanks for looking

Link to items

Hi Matthew

I would like to purchase the rods. If they're still available?

This must be so hard to do. Sorry for your loss

Best wishes

Gary

So very sorry for your loss Matthew, my sincere condolences to you and his family . Like Daniel I’m tackled out but will also make a donation in Jasons name.

Hi Gary, yes I believe they are triple legs much more robust than singles are you local to me?
Just checked triples throughout

Attachments

• IMG_6862.jpeg
    IMG_6862.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 87
Hi Gary, yes I believe they are triple legs much more robust than singles are you local to me?
Hi Matt

I'm in Carlisle 🤣🤣

But originally from Warrington so I get down every other weekend. I am hopefully planning a trip to the trent in the next few weeks, but if that goes belly up, Where's best for you to meet between you and Warrington?

Thanks

Could we meet

77 miles to Warrington !!

I’m East Midlands preferably Nottingham or Newark if they are still for sale when you come to the Trent hit me up.
I can’t travel that far I’m doing this out of my own pocket as its for charity

Morning Matt

I want the rods for sure. I'll collect this coming weekend. I'll come to Newark. But before I book time could you confirm you will reserve them for me. Best wishes Gary

77 miles to Warrington !!

I’m East Midlands preferably Nottingham or Newark if they are still for sale when you come to the Trent hit me up.
I can’t travel that far I’m doing this out of my own pocket as its for charity
Sorry for any confusion, I didn't mean that I expected you to travel to Warrington. I was trying to work out best place for us to meet in your locality as you offered diffrent areas. Red wine and text messaging The road to ruin 😉

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Matthew.
Can I ask what condition the Ray Walton rod is in please?

Hi Damian,

I have someone coming to buy it later ,its pretty good to be fair a little rough on the top piece of cork where your index finger touches probably from wearing gloves but just cosmetic, if he doesn’t have it I’ll let you know

Hi Damian,

He didn’t want it in the end so its still for sale- nothing to do with the rod he just said he probably wouldn’t use it, I can send detailed pics if you need them on PM

Hi Damian,

He didn’t want it in the end so its still for sale- nothing to do with the rod he just said he probably wouldn’t use it, I can send detailed pics if you need them on PM
Can you please, Matthew, that would be appreciated.

Back