• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Jamaca

Matthew Thompson

Morning guys as the title sugests im looking for ingo on big game fishing from ocho rios in jamaca, im off there on the 27th of jan for 10 nights and fancy trying my luck, im also taking some small lures to try ftom the shore at the resort aroung dawn and dusk, any info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance,
Matt

It's expensive !

I've been to Jamaica (Negril) a few times now, got lucky the first time and shared a boat with 3 other guys and managed a Marlin of 190 lbs can't remember the cost but it was around £500 and that was around 10 years ago .

Tried to get out again when I've been back but they want silly money as some of the American's will pay it

As for beach Lure fishing taken my gear but never caught !

Had a lot more luck in Dominican Republic and its cheaper , smaller Marlin ( Had 3 one day) and loads of Mahi Mahi

Good Luck let us know how you get on ?
Dave

It's expensive !

I've been to Jamaica (Negril) a few times now, got lucky the first time and shared a boat with 3 other guys and managed a Marlin of 190 lbs can't remember the cost but it was around £500 and that was around 10 years ago .

Tried to get out again when I've been back but they want silly money as some of the American's will pay it

As for beach Lure fishing taken my gear but never caught !

Had a lot more luck in Dominican Republic and its cheaper , smaller Marlin ( Had 3 one day) and loads of Mahi Mahi

Good Luck let us know how you get on ?
Dave
Thanks Dave, yeh the charter boats want silly money on the internet, hoping i can find it cheaper when on the island

Can’t speak for Jamaica I’m afraid Matthew but have fished in Barbados a couple of times. Searched out a local fisherman on the internet before going, he charged us 200 USD for about six hours fishing. We split between three of us so it was a bit easier to swallow. The charter boats charged 500 USD per person apparently ☹️
First trip we gave him our catch which we were told he would have been straight down the fish market and sold. Next trip we gave out catch to the girls who looked after us in the kitchen/restaurant of the hotel. They were tickled pink I tell you !

Back