• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

its raining !!!!!

Mike Thompson

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi everyone,
For the first time since the start of the season it is raining in East Yorkshire. It had been dry and warm for a couple of weeks before the 16th, and then I sat in steady drizzle on the opening morning. But then nothing until now. It's thundering, there is rain and hail and its bloody lovely. I just hope now we get enough over the next couple of days to make a difference to our river levels. I've not been out for some time, not even for silver fish, but with any luck this will make a difference. I hope it's raining where you are too.
Mike

Rain is forecast from midnight tonight for 26 hours continous in our (Enfield'ish area). Might help a bit.

Didn't start today till 19.00, but is now continuous rolling thunder and lots of lightning. We will not be seeing the red moon tonight, but to be honest I am happy watching the rain. Just been standing on the drive getting soaked, wonderful !

A very light 2-3 min shower about 9pm last night here in Cheshire, nothing since apart from some fairly strong desiccating winds all night into this morning. We badly need some rain here soon or my local livestock farmers are in serious trouble.

Not really relevant being in north Devon but we've had a fair bit the past two days good to see. Hopeful for you lucky folks closer to the rivers it improves very soon

Had a half hours worth here last night, heavy at the time but it dried up in an hour, being right on the Pennines between Yorkshire and Lancashire we sometimes miss everything , the hills seem to stop the weather from east to west, or west to east dead in its tracks occasionally.
It can be hammering it down a half mile to the west, or east, and we will have sunshine.

Dave

Not wishing to be negative, but you need torrential rain to affect rivers this time of year. Most of what we have had will be used by vegetation.
We need a lot more just to affect the soil moisture deficit enough to reduce crop irrigation. I won't be river fishing until it gets colder, but I won't be expecting much flow.

Back