• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Isotope help please!

I only add this as an idea, although it didn't actually work for me as I like to keep my rods very low and I couldn't see them.

20200902_102353.jpg

Uses two Enterprise Night Light holders and an Enterprise isotope - so you can try this without much effort and won't damage the rod, and remove if (like me) it dodsn't give you the viewing angle you want.

I only add this as an idea, although it didn't actually work for me as I like to keep my rods very low and I couldn't see them.

View attachment 31673

Uses two Enterprise Night Light holders and an Enterprise isotope - so you can try this without much effort and won't damage the rod, and remove if (like me) it dodsn't give you the viewing angle you want.
Great idea Paul, I will try that on the Pats tomorrow.

Iv got those now ,used them for two seasons,I'm just wonting a light I can leave on rod and forget about,without faffing about and without the risk of wrap ups,iv had a few resulting in crack offs on the cast.
Not had any problems with mine, though I used to get occasional wraps with the Enterprise ones. In the past I did modify a pair of Fox rods using shrink tube. Took tip ring off, then sleeved with white shrink tube before fitting the isotope using clear shrink tube. Definitely not as visible as the Temu ones I now use.

They look fabulous Robert.
Really great job and your gonna see those really well any time of day or night
Cheers Richard, now iv done it once iv got the confidence to do it again and I know where I could make improvements on my whipping and finish,they are on my Korum rods......I wouldn't touch them if they were DLST custom builds!!

Cheers Richard, now iv done it once iv got the confidence to do it again and I know where I could make improvements on my whipping and finish,they are on my Korum rods......I wouldn't touch them if they were DLST custom builds!!
You can buy 4:1 shrink tube nowadays which should comfortably go over the tip rings if they ain’t huge and still shrink down to the right size. It could save you a job of removing them if you do any more in the future

Back