• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Isotope help please!

Robert Cartmell

I'm looking to getting some isotopes and shrink tubing them to my rod tips.
My question is what colour,size and brand of isotope do you lads use?And what is the realistic lifespan,as I have no experience of them and the couple of lads I fish with don't either!
Thankyou

My question is what colour,size and brand of isotope do you lads use?And what is the realistic lifespan,as I have no experience of them and the couple of lads I fish with don't either!
Thankyou

hello richard, i just buy these items now .

Attachments

• IMG_3247.png
    IMG_3247.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3246.png
    IMG_3246.png
    521 KB · Views: 78
I would suggest you looking at the chemical lights on ebay. They are nice and bright and cost little.
Here's an example of what I mean...

These are the guys I go to for mine.
Brilliant service and quality.

Also as seen above, I use the enterprise adaptors.

Why not get battery operated tip lights from Temu along with batteries from Ali express they clip on and super bright you can’t fail to see them
Using those atm,but thes been a few times they have wrapped with line,I'm hoping the isotope and shrink tube will do away with any risk of that

These are the guys I go to for mine.
Brilliant service and quality.

Also as seen above, I use the enterprise adaptors.
Thanks Julian,what size do you recommend?

Isotopes shrunk to the rod is definitely the best way forward.
Nice little descreet tip lights that don’t light up the entire camp, don’t use batteries, don’t run out of light after 1 night and laying flat don’t cause frap ups.

The way you want to do it Robert, is imo the best best way to do it.

Mine are Korda. 25mm x 3mm
They are nice and bright if you select green 👍🏻

Isotopes shrunk to the rod is definitely the best way forward.
Nice little descreet tip lights that don’t light up the entire camp, don’t use batteries, don’t run out of light after 1 night and laying flat don’t cause frap ups.

The way you want to do it Robert, is imo the best best way to do it.

Mine are Korda. 25mm x 3mm
They are nice and bright if you select green 👍🏻
How are you shrinking on the rod ?

Thankyou
Been through the lot, and the only ones I recommend are the Drennan..

Be careful and take your time mate, I tried this a good few years ago and ruined my rods. Luckily enough they was cheap korum 1s but still...

I now just use clip on starlites off eBay. Cheap and do the job and last as long as my sessions tend to be, in winter when it's cold they must react to the cold weather last for a few sessions at a time. I get a medium size and clip them on as close to the 2nd eye down as I can get them, this stops line tangled/frap ups.

I tried the battery ones off eBay. Can't remember the names but shark or something and they was well too bright. I didn't like them.
Best of luck whatever you do 👍

Be careful and take your time mate, I tried this a good few years ago and ruined my rods. Luckily enough they was cheap korum 1s but still...

I now just use clip on starlites off eBay. Cheap and do the job and last as long as my sessions tend to be, in winter when it's cold they must react to the cold weather last for a few sessions at a time. I get a medium size and clip them on as close to the 2nd eye down as I can get them, this stops line tangled/frap ups.

I tried the battery ones off eBay. Can't remember the names but shark or something and they was well too bright. I didn't like them.
Best of luck whatever you do 👍
Thanks Connor,what went wrong that it ruined the rods if u don't mind me asking?

Back