• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Is hatred really wrong?

David Gauntlett

Dear God I wish I wasn't so weak....I have just watched ANOTHER episode of Extreme Fishing...despite promising myself I would never watch that brain rotting, soul destroying and utterly aggravating prat RG EVER again...I went and did it :rolleyes:

And of course he didn't disappoint...he was as puke makingly bad as ever. I have never before come across ANYONE on the box with the ability to frustrate and anger me so much, and so quickly as this guy :mad:

I really, really, REALLY must NOT watch him any more, or I feel sure I will do myself, or at the very least my telly, a severe mischief.

I need help :eek:

Cheers, Dave.

No Dave the 'Geordie' (apologies to proper Geordies for applying that label) needs the help. I have hypertension and my missus does not permit me to watch the fool on medical grounds.

Conrad

When I was in hospital last year it turned out that the young lady who looked after the bedside TV/telephone units was his young niece. I'd made the mistake of leaving the AT on the bed (I didn't buy it, my son did - honest) and she asked me if I watched him.

I'm sure she will have passed on my not very nice opinion of him and his 'fishing' show's, not that it will make an ounce of difference.

Yes, I hate the man, or at least what he is in that programme, with a vengeance :mad: but Ive not watched the programme since the first, neither do I watch the Jeremy whats his names River Monsters.

The sad thing is that despite living for virtually my whole life in the 'Home Counties', my Mum was a Geordie, and I was born in South Shields....

I expect several people are now nodding their heads and saying "Yup...that explains a lot"....:D:D

As it happens, I am proud of my heritage...despite the best efforts of that mindless moron :p

Cheers, Dave.

nothing wrong with geordies, one of my heroes is jimmy nail, top man,
it's just him!
and he's on itv now.

Last edited:
what you have too understand about robson green is ,he a actor by trade .which means even he doesn't like being him(self) so spends most of his time pretending/acting too be other people .and gets a director too tell him how & what too do and a writer too pick his words .just like a puppet or is that muppet

Ha! Never watched more than 2 minutes and formed enough of an opinion to enable me not to watch it again!!!!! I hate the programme, don't mind RG, (good comic actor imo) but I think he needs to give up EF as it's doing him no favours. It paints an especially poor picture of angling (from comments on this and other forums) so therefore giving anti's ammuntion. The only way to get it stopped is by reducing the viewing figures to make it unviable so stay strong my friends, resist the temptation, the revolution starts here!!!!!:cool:

Daftest thing is that the programme thats on the same night, Knobsons Wild Swimming is actually quite a good watch. Hes in control of his mouth but it makes me wonder which is sincere and which is put on.

Just wish they`d combine Extreme Fishing for Great Whites with Wild Swimming........

You think you've got it bad David. I have a friend who naturally hates Robson but his missus fancies the pants off him...she insists on watching every show even though she doesn't like fishing! Imagine your missus fancying Robson...it has to be the worse insult EVER! :)

You think you've got it bad David. I have a friend who naturally hates Robson but his missus fancies the pants off him...she insists on watching every show even though she doesn't like fishing! Imagine your missus fancying Robson...it has to be the worse insult EVER! :)

I made the mistake of passing my (low) opinion of him at work in front of a female colleague and promptly got slapped down...

This was my favourite 'fact':

Robson is from the area in England where the residents are called "Geordies."

Hey Conrad carefull what you say about us Geordies canny lad, as some of us can get a bit upset like.

But must agree he gives us a bad name and as they say up there "He's ****e" at promoting fishing..........in fact apart from the likely lads and maybe a bit of singing there's not much else he's good at.

Keith

Robson Green

Ha! Never watched more than 2 minutes and formed enough of an opinion to enable me not to watch it again!!!!! I hate the programme, don't mind RG, (good comic actor imo) but I think he needs to give up EF as it's doing him no favours. It paints an especially poor picture of angling (from comments on this and other forums) so therefore giving anti's ammuntion. The only way to get it stopped is by reducing the viewing figures to make it unviable so stay strong my friends, resist the temptation, the revolution starts here!!!!!:cool:

Agreed, he shows no respect for fish whatsoever and my missus has picked up on how cruel "angling" is, just not the image we want. Judging from the comments on this forum, I guess that his boxed set of DVDs will be a sell out for Xmas!

Back