• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Innovative or same old/same old?

Paul Bullinger

Senior Member & Supporter
Have any of you purchased the Daiwa N'ZON Feeder Bag, the one with the front opening that holds 3 x tackle boxes? I enjoy all types of fishing and only make up my mind what method to try "on the day". I could go trotting, feeder fishing, lure/dropshotting etc etc. After I have decided I then waste valuable minutes swapping the gear around in my ruckbag!
I thought that with the new "feeder bag" I could have a tray(s) devoted to each discipline and keep them handy and just pop which ever one(s) I want into the bag and off I go.
Or am I just being a "tackle tart"!?
Screenshot_20240117-125843_Chrome.jpg

As Dave said, if it does the trick for you then get your Barclaycard out!

Must say it wouldn't do the trick for me... far too much faffing around unzipping stuff, shuffling trays about etc :)

TBH I think Daiwa are creating a solution to a problem that does not exist .
It happens all the time in the modern tackle world and anglers must be the geese that lay golden eggs for the tackle companies .

David

TBH I think Daiwa are creating a solution to a problem that does not exist .
It happens all the time in the modern tackle world and anglers must be the geese that lay golden eggs for the tackle companies .

David
David, I completely agree. I’ve heard it argued that tackle companies respond to the innovations in angling techniques. I think that’s a small part of it. The bigger bit is that tackle companies know that when you give people more options (i.e. types of tackle to buy) then more people opt (i.e. buy stuff).

On reflection I think you guys are right...maybe it's a bit of kit I don't need. Along with about 20 rods (many duplicated) same number of reels and goodness knows how much terminal gear!!
I can't be the only one... surely? 😂😂

I was at a local commercial a few years ago, I gone to have a look as one of my mates was fishing the match there. I stayed for the weigh in and watched some of the lads pack up. One guy packed away his two pole rollers, put each of them into their own bag, then proceeded to put them both into another bag and then carry them to his vehicle.

Here's another instance of clever marketing.

As opposed to this.

......Or the buckets the carp guys use. Camo green and very expensive for what they are.

We recycle/chuck buckets away at work. I use them.

On reflection I think you guys are right...maybe it's a bit of kit I don't need. Along with about 20 rods (many duplicated) same number of reels and goodness knows how much terminal gear!!
I can't be the only one... surely? 😂😂
No you’re not the only one…personally I think it’s nice to use quality gear and treat ourselves once in a while when we have the money. But there are things you can save money on (to use on the bigger items), just get a pack of plastic takeaway boxes (£10 for 50) to keep a selection of terminal tackle in, label them up and grab and go on the day. I keep a lot of my lures in these.

I was at a local commercial a few years ago, I gone to have a look as one of my mates was fishing the match there. I stayed for the weigh in and watched some of the lads pack up. One guy packed away his two pole rollers, put each of them into their own bag, then proceeded to put them both into another bag and then carry them to his vehicle.

Here's another instance of clever marketing.

As opposed to this.

Great Post Simon! 😂

It might exist for Paul.
We all have different wants.

And there lays the crux of the matter Richard . Nothing wrong with having nice things if you can afford them I agree .

But .

Tackle companies try to intermix the two
IE…..

Wants …….. nice ( if you like ) Items that are just not neccessary.

Needs …….. items that you cannot function without.

Plenty of examples across the whole spectrum of advertising from A to Z and every other letter in between.

David

Back