• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Inline cage feeders

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
Not selling, just telling. If anyone interested in seeing something a little different for an inline concept.

I actually came up with an inline feeder of my own a good while back but wasn’t going to share till I had it tried and tested and some feedback
I’ve got it now as a good friend of mine from up north has been hammering them on the still waters for bream tench and the odd carp.

Feedback has been excellent and he’s asked for more so that’s nice to know.
Here it is.
03EBBFD0-3CD3-4594-ACD0-DA482955F010.jpeg
AF056C2A-CD1A-4541-B9F9-439434DE7F21.jpeg
92394CFC-A110-4010-BDA8-25BAEDE5F748.jpeg

I wanted it to work as close to my link type feeder design as possible because I didn’t want to have to make drastic changes to moulds or designs etc

It absolutely must be safe and able to be cleared of the main line if a break happens

I wanted it to be interchangeable and able to quickly fit to a pre set up rod or swap quickly with different weights or capacity in seconds.

Able to fish as a semi fixed rig for bolt effect but transfers to a running rig as soon as a small amount of pressure applied to the feeder.

The concept (I’m told) works fantastic.

So it’s obvious from the pics how it works is you drop the hook length through the center of the feeder, attach the rubber sleeves to the loops and pull the swivel eye into the other end of the sleeve.
Hangs and sits absolutely spot on, bolt effect and completely dispensed away if you get a mainline break.
9DCB6EC1-7494-4FDF-8073-E2738A458BB5.jpeg

If you could make that with one end closed off as well? would take a selection off you
I can but I’ve stopped doing it Jason unless it’s just 1 or 2 in a bigger batch.
It’s really time consuming to block them off to the point it takes twice as long to make a feeder. I can’t charge for that extra time so it becomes a bit of a loss for me.
If you ordered 8 and you wanted a couple blocking off then no problem but to do all 8 isn’t something I want to get involved with now.

Hope that helps.

It’s going to be late august before I can start any but any weights you want from 1.5-4oz no problem
The prices will be £3 each I’ll need an order for 8 minimum and postage is covered in that cost
£24 posted for 8

I'd be worried about damage to the line that rubs against the feeder. Good concept though.
The line is inside the feeder and the coating is smooth plastic. I looked into this and ran the feeder up and down the line in an exaggerated motion to try cause it damage and it doesn’t at all. I wouldn’t offer them if I wasn’t 100% confident that this wouldn’t happen.
My friend never had this experience either 👍🏻

Yeah, that should be fine.
I know they are.
I built the first ones months ago and kept it to myself until I had some proper feedback from actual usage. I’m not really much of a feeder angler so I wasn’t going to prove much myself so I had them tried out by a friend.
The only criticism I got was when the rubber sleeves get wet the bolt effect is very low resistant to the point it was practically free running so I reduced the diameter again fractionally and it’s sorted it.
You could in theory run the line on the outside of the feeder as well to create a drop off snag safe system if you wanted too. It won’t harm the line which ever way you want to use it.

Back