• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Info on shimano bait runners

Yeah they are a good lump smaller but it’s all rotor and spool.
The actual reel bodies ain’t a lot smaller as they are quite a reasonable sized body reel. But the rotor and spool are a lot smaller then an 5500.
I have to ask, why a mini pit reel on a 2lb barbel rod. Are you casting a long way?
No I just like the quality of the ci4 medium baitrunner, with the larger spool it means less line twist from the free spool, and the clutch, cranking power and smoothness, I think are hard to better. But I've just purchased a pair of 4000 thunnus, so looking forward to testing them next weekend.
I'll keep you posted.

It's the same with the XTEAs, too blingy really imo. the dull workmanlike old school Aero livery seems to fit our fashion tastes. 🤠

No I just like the quality of the ci4 medium baitrunner, with the larger spool it means less line twist from the free spool, and the clutch, cranking power and smoothness, I think are hard to better. But I've just purchased a pair of 4000 thunnus, so looking forward to testing them next weekend.
I'll keep you posted.
Where did you buy the Thunnus from ?

Hi, I got them from fishernator, I think they are in Austria, purchased Tuesday evening this week, arrived yesterday around 5pm. Takes the mick out of our postal services. Lol.
Jim
Yeah I have been looking at them , wondering how the service was . A Thunnus went on eBay for around £230 the other week , so Fishernator are much cheaper

Back