• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Idiot(that's being polite!)

Rhys Perry

Read in the paper this morning about some prat at Merrington carp fishery, who cut the head off a coot for diving on his bait. Being the obvious tool that he is, he then decided to upload it on facebook, and so got caught.
Someone from carp.com managed to get the photo before he deleted it, don't think he's been named and shame yet, sadly, but he has been banned for life at Merrington and I think the RSPCA are looking into it.
A sad indictment for some of today's so called anglers.
rhys-perry-albums-pics-picture3725-dsc03774.jpg

People like this need shooting! Disgrace to our sport and a disgrace to society:mad:

Oh dear, more bad press for "anglers". No wonder the swan woman doesn't like us with idiots like this around. How little respect for their surroundings some people have. I go fishing to watch the wildlife and try to be a part of it, not kill it.

Bird hating is rife among some members of the fishing fraternity, cormorants aside. I remember speaking to a friend of a friend once, who took great pleasure in telling me about how he goes to a well known fishery owner's water to shoot the 'nuisance' birds, as they have the nerve to eat the endless kilos of free food going into the water!
It's no wonder wildlife groups hate us.

coots are a carp anglers mate if they know what they are doing on weedy waters.

What a pratt and i used to fish a water near bristol where the carp fisherman or should i say some carp fisherman were throwing the tench up the bank to die because they were getting in the way of there carp fishing.

Andy

Name him and ban him from everywhere also make sure EA get his name and no licence then if caught take his tackle off him the moron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildfowl and wildlife have more right to be on the lake/river than anglers this daft disgraceful idiot wants banning from fishing for life!!!!!

I am hanging on to the notion that this idiot didn't actually do the deed, that the bird may have been already dead by a fox etc, and he merely is trying to be Billy Big Balls on Facebook. Even so what a first class tool as if we need this sort of bad press. The Woman from Bewdley must be having a field day with this.
Depressing all very depressing.

Last edited:
a disgrace, its stupid things like this, that could tarnish anglers,

So an idiot kills a living creature for doing something he objects to and people call for him to be killed, buried alive or similar.

Curious logic :(

Glad to see civilisation is in good hands.

Back