• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Icelandic salmon fishing anyone?

I’ve been there. Self catering with salmon fishing and it was about £150 a day. The top rivers can be serious money (it depends who controls the fishing and how it is managed).

A mate goes there regularly trout fishing and it’s considerably cheaper than my £150 a day . And he’s had trout to over 12lb from unknown lakes.

Im hoping to go back there next year to target some sea trout…..a guy I know has just got access to a river with some big fish in it.

If you think a grand a day is expensive then check out the prices for salmon fishing on the Kola peninsular (obviously now unavailable). A top week on the Yokanga was about 15000 dollars last year. A pal of mine was working there all last season.

I go saltwater fly fishing and that is expensive, but top salmon fishing is another level !

Ive just worked out my U.K. river coarse fishing for this season cost me less than £200 (for 5 or 6 clubs). Makes you think……

I’ve been there. Self catering with salmon fishing and it was about £150 a day. The top rivers can be serious money (it depends who controls the fishing and how it is managed).

A mate goes there regularly trout fishing and it’s considerably cheaper than my £150 a day . And he’s had trout to over 12lb from unknown lakes.

Im hoping to go back there next year to target some sea trout…..a guy I know has just got access to a river with some big fish in it.

If you think a grand a day is expensive then check out the prices for salmon fishing on the Kola peninsular (obviously now unavailable). A top week on the Yokanga was about 15000 dollars last year. A pal of mine was working there all last season.

I go saltwater fly fishing and that is expensive, but top salmon fishing is another level !

Ive just worked out my U.K. river coarse fishing for this season cost me less than £200 (for 5 or 6 clubs). Makes you think……
I caught 2 sea trout about 5lb on the Thames in marlow a few years ago on pellet, was mid December, best ive had in daylight lol

I caught 2 sea trout about 5lb on the Thames in marlow a few years ago on pellet, was mid December, best ive had in daylight lol
Interesting.

Are you sure they were sea trout ?

i caught several spotty fish above Oxford (on big lumps of paste in the dark!) a few winters ago and the EA told me they were sea trout. Later A few mates from Cotswold Flyfishers (Coln etc) told me they were actually their brownie stockies that had migrated down the main river. I caught 1 fish twice ! They were close to 3lb.

Last Winter I caught a wierd spotty fish (about 2lb) below Oxford and stupidly put it back without a picture. It was thin, silvery and very like a sea trout…..on an experimental boilie first time out !

There's quite a few sea trout get caught on the Thames. Chelsea, Hammersmith, Kew. I've had a few from Teddington.

They are known as slob fish. Brown trout that
go down to the Sea for a year only and returning as sea trout.

Used to catch quite a few on the Loddon.

Back